Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

31 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I'm very slightly east of that but close enough. It isn't my PWS though. I don't have mine connected to the Internet for sharing.

Gotcha.  Yeah I don't have one connected either.  These summer nights are when AC is needed, especially in the higher elevations that stay mixed.  I've had my A/C running all day.  I only do it a few days a summer but today was one of them.

Temps are starting to drop here along the West Branch and golf course, neighbors station at 71F just to my northeast.  It's humid but becoming much more manageable for a temperature if one can bring it inside efficiently.  Note shown on here, but the ski area base at 1,500ft has gone back to 80F.  They keep mixing out, while the surface inversion forms in the fields here.

When fake cold becomes real, in the summer.  When elevation snow hits though, we slop or water.  Guess the trade off is it cools off at night :lol:.

June_7_930pm.jpg.9e06919e3d1655fe8381054db17dbe32.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Didn’t get below 70 overnight here. Those are rare in my hood.  
Today will be about as gross as it gets for my classroom.   

As my wife headed out to work at 515 she asked me what I was doing today, one word answer, pool. Saw the look of disdain lol. Pool is 80 life is good.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You right. It’s sneaking in the back door there on Thursday. 

Edit:  My god what an awful 80's video.  I don't know that I had ever seen that before or maybe I blocked it from my memory.  No wonder Blackmore left Deep Purple to play Renaissance music. 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Low was a brief 68.4° when we went calm, but it was mostly lightly mixed and/or with variable clouds overnight. I woke up at 5am and it was 71°. Pretty gross out there, but it’s almost over. Just starting to get the dews here. 

Was sweating just putting Miracle-Gro grow in the gardens. Early morning dip in the lake incoming 

Probably have to get above 850' elevation ( in general ) to miss this heat wave proper.

It's been "pedestrian" - in the sense that it hasn't been historic.  However, perhaps it achieves where no one has looked?

It occurred to me last evening - because I have life brimming with worthwhile reasons for even being alive ... - that I could not recall formally, a heat wave prior to June 21st on the front side of any solstice, in quite a lot of years.  In fact, I don't know when. 

I know 1976 April did, but I was hardly cognizant of much then, lol.  We've also had day or two 'spike' oddities in some recent Feb/Mar/Apr, probably associated with the obliteration of the 'normal' climate in lieu of a new one arriving ( f* you very much :)  )  but those were not associated with this sort of planetary wave construct and demonstrative stability/predictive detection.  We will have swelled and diminished, spanning what will likely be 5 days of convincing 90 to 94's when all is said and done.

The advent of it this early, also respecting its form and essence, may be something in and of its self.