• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

Yeah got colder last night than I had imagined it would.  

The DP appears to be handled reasonably well. I have noticed the DPs in recent year's of MEX/MET machine coverage  tend to be dry biased but that was not the case this last 24 hours.  I figured we'd be more like 66 or so as the mixing ratio in the afternoons, and then settling back up to 72 during the nights; but relative to these heat event climatology, the DPs 'seem' to be a bit drier than normal, as well, matching guidance reasonably well.  The impetus being, more water vapor kinetically charged helps to keep the night elevated.

Related to that, it is interesting that the region appeared to decouple within a warm sector gradient and an on-going breeze heading into the evening hours.  It just stopped blowing at 8 o'clock, and a evening stroll was in dead air.

Seems we'll make 94 .. 96 nonetheless, due to exceptional heating parametrics in place.  Impressive diurnal rise on-going.  It was 85 at 10 am at KFIT and has bounced clear to 88 before 11 by 20 minues, so "10 after 10" roasts the afternoon. 

There may not be as much wind as yesterday, either.  Discrete analysis looks like a neg pressure perturbation is stemming the PGF just to 10 kts in middle BL. Yesterday this was 15 to 20 and made for ventilation.   Wouldn't wanna be in a traffic jam with busted radiator gauge today.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nice pool. We’ll come crash it sometime this summer lol. 

You are more than welcome to stop by! Kids can swim and we can chat weather and drink some cold adult beverages. Water is still chilly for me, but the kids spent most of the day swimming yesterday. The chilly nights haven't helped warming it...it actually dipped to 58⁰ this morning

• Thanks 1

80° F/64° F here. High of 81° F, which is my 4th 80°+ F day already this warm season. It's hot, but not terrible in the shade since there's a breeze and the dews are still tolerable. 

Deer flies are nothing short of awful though as I must've had no less than 8 or 10 of them swirling around me while mowing earlier. Black flies and mosquitoes pretty much non-existent midday, but they come out in abundance around 5-5:30 pm, making for what I call the Holy Trinity of biting insects: deer flies, black flies, and mosquitoes. Alas, such is the price one must pay for being in a spot that likely averages around 12 feet of snowfall per winter...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

BOS/HFD/BTV up to 94F.

Warmest I could find in New England so far is IZG with 95F.

It was one of those boon heat days for 'tweener ob sties and/or rube calibration  -

We had several home stations within 5 clicks of me around this area of Middlesex 95.4 ..etc...

Heat Adv went into effect through 8 pm tomorrow ..tomorrow might have a better shot at verifying 'big heat' ( at > 95 ) at the climate sites. 

Still ..not sure what you call this at 94/60 but it's like just too cool to be anything but way to warm to be comfortable.

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It was one of those boon heat days for 'tweener ob sties and/or rube calibration  -

We had several home stations within 5 clicks of me around this area of Middlesex 95.4 ..etc...

Heat Adv went into effect through 8 pm tomorrow ..tomorrow might have a better shot at verifying 'big heat' ( at > 95 ) at the climate sites. 

Still ..not sure what you call this at 94/60 but it's like just too cool to be anything but way to warm to be comfortable.

I have no idea what you just said.  :D

• Haha 5