Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2021

Stormlover74

50 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Ewr forecast high upper 80s. 11am temp 92

The point-and-click website has had real issues lately. Its forecast for Central Park is 81 (actual temperature: 86). This is a chronic issue with the site and it is inconsistent with the area forecast discussion.

20 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

The point-and-click website has had real issues lately. Its forecast for Central Park is 81 (actual temperature: 86). This is a chronic issue with the site and it is inconsistent with the area forecast discussion.

I was going off the zone forecast

NJZ106-072015-
Eastern Essex-
1013 AM EDT Mon Jun 7 2021

.TODAY...Sunny late this morning, then becoming partly sunny. Scattered showers and thunderstorms this afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds this afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s
  • Like 1

I got to 78* at 11am, but now 1:00pm at 73* for the last hour with cumulus clouds encroaching, but not threatening.

1623083400-IFqNhTTSu8w.png

Those quick rises to the mid 90's must have exceeded the convective temperature and started this spotty activity:

1623084660-tTzdIuIDdF0.png

5 hours ago, uncle W said:

Staten Island can be as hot as Newark and many times like yesterday mby was as hot as they were...I never liked the radiation shields used now...I think the old weather box's or shelters gave a lower reading...That's just a theory on my part...the only way to test my theory is to set up a shelter and shield side by side with calibrated thermometers and see what happens...

Aspirated shelters are the way to go.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Unbearably hot on the UWS after spending the weekend working at Jones Beach. The difference in temps in our region in early summer are pretty incredible 

My mother just called telling me how gorgeous it is in Long Beach today. Wunderground stations there are at about 70 (Jones Beach to Captree in the upper 60s) while here it’s near 90. Not quite as horrible as yesterday but still a scorcher. 

7 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

My mother just called telling me how gorgeous it is in Long Beach today. Wunderground stations there are at about 70 (Jones Beach to Captree in the upper 60s) while here it’s near 90. Not quite as horrible as yesterday but still a scorcher. 

Today feels worse to me with the humidity

• Rjay unpinned this topic