Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
RIP James

dendrite

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

IIRC, James mentioned he had a covid outbreak within his family a few weeks back. Didn’t seem dire but fuk man...it’s upsetting. I pray his mom gets through it but losing him by her side wtf. 

Just read what his sister said. Heartbreaking. 

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, codfishsnowman said:

I was scrolling through some of his sister's posts, looks like he had a bad case of Covid. Sounds like his Mom has it too and she is in the hospital on a ventilator. James and his Mom shared the same room when he passed. James Mom doesn't know that James was even sick. It's all just heart breaking. I had some great chats with him on here and will always think fondly of him whenever there is a snow event that gets the outer cape. I hope it's belly to belly big winters where ever you are James. Thank you for everything here and please say hello to Nate if you see him as I am sure he is also in a place where deep winter reigns supreme

Damn.  Jfc that’s terrible and heartbreaking.

Unlike many of you.. I never met James in person. And in one of those strange Internet ways, I do feel like I knew him in some ways. As so many said, his energy and positivity for so many things was such a hallmark. Even though many of James' blockbuster storms never came to pass, I did read his posts, cheering him on, hoping that he'd get the snowbanks he wished for.

Rest is peace, James.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

This is a hard one. Kid didn’t have a mean bone in his soul. It’s just not fair. I dunno man...

You don’t even try to reconcile these things in your mind, you just let the emotions wash through you and  try to find peace within it all. 
I went through this earlier in the year with my angel of a cousin and just tried to let it make me more whole.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, rcostell said:

I hope someone from this forum will write something up for James in the funeral home "tribute wall". I think his family would be comforted by knowing the outpouring of sentiment and positive remembrances of his character that have occured in this community. The person that was James had many fans its quite obvious. 

I did yesterday 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, rcostell said:

I hope someone from this forum will write something up for James in the funeral home "tribute wall". I think his family would be comforted by knowing the outpouring of sentiment and positive remembrances of his character that have occured in this community. The person that was James had many fans its quite obvious. 

I know some others wrote on the wall, but I read your post and went through this thread and drafted a note. Thoughts?

Perfectly fine if some think we should write individually, but I think it encompasses many of the thoughts shared in this thread. 

The entire American Weather community would like to extend its deepest condolences on the passing of James, known affectionately as Jimmy to many of us. In the days since this tragic loss, while there has been complete shock and profound heartbreak, there is an equally profound outpouring of love, appreciation, and fond memories among us. 

James was a kind-hearted and passionate individual, and he had an unmatched enthusiasm for the weather. In our community, he was a meaningful contributor and friend. He was energetic, he was optimistic, and he was always good natured. His loss hurts us all, but we are grateful for the time we had sharing this common passion for weather and so much more with Jimmy.   

United in sharing this message of support, we hope and pray that the Nichols family receives strength and comfort during this extraordinarily difficult time. James' memory will live on in each of us. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, codfishsnowman said:

I was scrolling through some of his sister's posts, looks like he had a bad case of Covid. Sounds like his Mom has it too and she is in the hospital on a ventilator. James and his Mom shared the same room when he passed. James Mom doesn't know that James was even sick. It's all just heart breaking. I had some great chats with him on here and will always think fondly of him whenever there is a snow event that gets the outer cape. I hope it's belly to belly big winters where ever you are James. Thank you for everything here and please say hello to Nate if you see him as I am sure he is also in a place where deep winter reigns supreme

JFC

This is so sad. 

Devastated over James' passing! He came across as an extraordinarily kind and gentle person who didn't have a mean bone in his body. It was a treat observing his love and enthusiasm for Cape Cod weather. I read his sister's Facebook page and the tears were flowing. 

Also sorry to hear about NZucker's passing. Such an intelligent gentleman. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, monadnocks said:

Unlike many of you.. I never met James in person. And in one of those strange Internet ways, I do feel like I knew him in some ways. As so many said, his energy and positivity for so many things was such a hallmark. Even though many of James' blockbuster storms never came to pass, I did read his posts, cheering him on, hoping that he'd get the snowbanks he wished for.

Rest is peace, James.

I feel the same. Unfortunately i didnt get to know him like some. Seems like the kind of guy i could kick with for sure.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I know some others wrote on the wall, but I read your post and went through this thread and drafted a note. Thoughts?

Perfectly fine if some think we should write individually, but I think it encompasses many of the thoughts shared in this thread. 

I think that note is heartfelt and representative of many. 

• Like 1