Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
RIP James

dendrite

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Really sad to hear this . James had a tremendous love for weather and snow
He Never (very rarely)  would even complain when everyone had snow and outer cape was dripping .

This stinks 

By all appearances a good soul without a mean bone in his body.

• Like 1

I didn’t have many interactions with James on here, but they were always funny and lighthearted. The man loved his weather and his posts always got me excited for winter. Condolences to friends and family, it’s extremely difficult losing someone so young. 

• Like 1

My man. Loving weather of all kinds, James was a shy guy who really lit up when we discussed old storms before he was born. Pictured here at a GTG in red James was always texting and DMing me about weather year round. His enthusiasm will be missed.  RIP brother and may your heaven be filled with Cat 5s

20151221_190934-1.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Anyone know what health problems he had? He looked healthy in pictures though that doesn't mean much. Just so sad to lose someone at 31, that was a half a lifetime ago for me.

I know his medical situation was why he had to leave the Air Force.

For those who don't know. Ain't happening James came to fame when Scooter ala CoastalWx said that to James the day before the Epic Jan 2015 blizzard. James was his usual overexcited self calling for 2 to 3 feet of snow with hurricane force winds. Well as we know his fantasy came true. Absolutely loved that kids enthusiasm and over the top posts.  A true weenie if there ever was one. 

• Like 22

8 hours ago, dendrite said:

Thanks to @Diggiebot for posting this in the banter thread. I think James deserves his own thread here.

https://www.capecodtimes.com/obituaries/p0106302

I'm in complete shock that he passed away. Congrats to him for getting his novel published. I have lots of good/funny memories of him on this forum. He will be missed.

No freaking way. Wtf. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Anyone know the name of his book ?

8 hours ago, StormSurge said:

It was to be a series..... and how ironic the title. It won’t end, James, not as long as your/our forum exists. As always ....

• Like 1

This is terrible news and so sad. Way too young. Next winter, storms possibly delivering winter weather to the cape won't be half the fun! Prayers to James, his family and friends.

12 minutes ago, radarman said:

A great testament to the value of being good natured and thick skinned.  He took a lot of jabs, most in jest, but never got nasty and kept on keepin on, optimistic and undeterred.  Admirable.  We learn a lesson. 

RIP

So true. 

Damn, wtf. 

The greatest of New England weenies and he was proud of it. Just loved weather with such passion. Glad he was able to get his novel finished. The  Jan 2015 blizz and July 2019 Cape Cod tornados were so much fun to follow because of this his posts.  I hope the first storm of the winter season puts 3' down in Harwich.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Anyone remember his original name on here? It was something like CCUSAFWeather or something.  I remember when he first entered the Air Force. 

It was CCPSUSuperstorm2010...here’s the first thread I remember him in (the Dec 20-21, 2010 retro storm). You are right that he had another handle at some point that had AFweather in it.

Kind if a bummer reading through it though. Some other posters who passed are in it (messenger and Nzucker). I guess that is bound to happen when we’ve been around over a decade.

• Sad 3