• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
RIP James

dendrite

I didn't even know the man was ailing...   Or was this something sudden?  

RIP James.   :(

This really hearkens back for me.   I was at work when the iPhone vibrated across my desk.  My sister had called to inform, 'Last night Tom was found unconscious.' She led on that the EMTs tried in vein but ...he was pronounce officially upon arrival.

Cardiac arrest is printed on the DC ... which, is kind of uninformative, really ... I mean, all hearts ultimately stop beating at the end.  Seeking some semblance of realism that didn't require supernatural forces poaching a kid in their hay-days ... the autopsy did surface indication that anabolic steroid use, even in one's late teens and early 20s, can manifest irrecoverable organ damages ... left unknown or checked, failure. -  the family was cagey beyond that as to what precisely did him in, but ... one doesn't probe at that point.  The parents would have preferred apoplexy to what they were going through, no doubt so ...that as they say, is that.   Congestive heart failure; he was just 32.   Thirty f'n two.

I just woke up and this is what I see.  Jeez , 31 is way too young ( my age). James was a unique poster but his passion for weather was through the roof.

The SNE zoom chat was the first time that we spoke to each other.  He wanted to meet up one day and hang out this summer. 

RIP :(

received_370886754169790.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MJO812 said:

I just woke up and this is what I see.  Jeez , 31 is way too young ( my age). James was a unique poster but his passion for weather was through the roof.

The SNE zoom chat was the first time that we spoke to each other.  He wanted to meet up one day and hang out this summer. 

RIP :(

received_370886754169790.jpeg

Yea and he wanted to get another zoom gtg again. I mean, geez...my heart breaks for his family. He is a good dude who will be missed virtually and in person.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Man, this is a gut punch. Second good dude we've lost from the Cape in the last several years. Never met him in person, but James struck me as an earnest and good hearted man, one wont to get carried away in his various passions, be it weather or writing. Let us hope that the eponymous "Not happening James" survives as an epitaph of sorts on the board as long as it exists. 

• Like 2

Avid follower and longtime lurker here. I had not met James..but "knew" him through this forum. He was truly a fixture...especially during impending or ongoing snow events. His enthusiasm seemed unwavering. He was underred by the good natured "ain't happening James"- but the amount of times he was referred to just shows the value his context added to this board. What a character- he can't be replaced here. We thank him for his Air Force service, also.  God bless him and his family. 

• Like 3

The community has been balkanized in some ways with the advent of subforums, but James was one of those people who stood out to someone like me who only pops in here on occasion.  His extreme passion for weather was readily apparent.  It is terribly sad to lose anyone at such a young age.  My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

• Like 1