Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2021 General Discussion

Hoosier

23 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Btw 591dm heights on the GEFS is a pretty huge signal that it is about to get hot af.

The longevity impresses me even more.  Things could still change but it looks like this could go on for quite a while.  Day after day of positive double digit temp anomalies should start to rack up some pretty good temperature departures by the time we approach the middle of the month.

6 hours ago, Powerball said:

You can have it all.

My first Spring and start of Summer in Texas has featured a dismal severe weather season, a metric ton of rainy/cloudy days and not a death ridge in (reliable) sight. I thought I would at least have hot/sunny weather with multiple rounds of severe t'storms to look forward to after the disaster in February, but it's not happening so far.

Might as well be back in Michigan...

It's more like the ITCZ moved into Texas.  Will have a climate like India where it rains in the summer.

• Sad 1

The 180hr+ GFS has been teasing that elusive 591 to 594dm ridge since the end of April.

It did verify to an extent (and for a considerably shorter length than typical upper level ridges) last time for the Great Lakes and SE, but not so much for the Central US.

4 hours ago, StormfanaticInd said:

This summer will be cooler than average. I am almost 100% convinced 

Must be Joe Bastardi in disguise.

Anyway, another nail in the coffin occurring today. First the chilly Memorial Day weekend, and now a washout on this 2nd day of June, potentially into the day tomorrow. The weekly overcast days still lingering into this month. If only this was Winter. 

With Chicago set to begin an 80+ degree streak starting tomorrow, I thought I'd post the longest 80+ streaks in June.  The numbers here represent the number of days in June, but many of these streaks went past the end of the month.  Let's see if we can make it onto this list.

1954:  21 days

1995:  18 days

1998:  15 days (cont. beyond June)

1991:  15 days

1964:  14 days (cont. beyond June)

1949:  14 days (cont. beyond June)

2010:  13 days

2002:  13 days (cont. beyond June)

1997:  13 days (cont. beyond June)

1994:  13 days

1975:  13 days (cont. beyond June)

1966:  13 days (cont. beyond June)

1970:  12 days

1874:  12 days (cont. beyond June)

With Chicago set to begin an 80+ degree streak starting tomorrow, I thought I'd post the longest 80+ streaks in June.  The numbers here represent the number of days in June, but many of these streaks went past the end of the month.  Let's see if we can make it onto this list.

1954:  21 days
1995:  18 days
1998:  15 days (cont. beyond June)
1991:  15 days
1964:  14 days (cont. beyond June)
1949:  14 days (cont. beyond June)
2010:  13 days
2002:  13 days (cont. beyond June)
1997:  13 days (cont. beyond June)
1994:  13 days
1975:  13 days (cont. beyond June)
1966:  13 days (cont. beyond June)
1970:  12 days
1874:  12 days (cont. beyond June)

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Feels more like a repeat of 2018 to me.  Very warm on average, but no extreme heat or good severe weather due to "tropical" type airmasses from the GOM.  No death ridge, no strong cold fronts, and boring moist-adiabatic lapse rates most of the time away from the high plains.

6 hours ago, Spartman said:

Must be Joe Bastardi in disguise.

Anyway, another nail in the coffin occurring today. First the chilly Memorial Day weekend, and now a washout on this 2nd day of June, potentially into the day tomorrow. The weekly overcast days still lingering into this month. If only this was Winter. 

Dude, did you used to live in Saukville, WI?  Grow palms as a hobby?  So it rained today.  Have you looked at your forecast?  Be prepared to get 89'd for a record number of days beginning on Sunday.

Extended Forecast for

Germantown OH

Friday
A slight chance of showers after noon. Sunny, with a high near 82. West wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 60. Southwest wind around 6 mph.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 85.
Saturday Night
Clear, with a low around 62.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 88.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 65.
Monday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 89. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Monday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 67. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tuesday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 88. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Tuesday Night
A chance of thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 67. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Wednesday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 88. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Haha 1

Dude, did you used to live in Saukville, WI?  Grow palms as a hobby?  So it rained today.  Have you looked at your forecast?  Be prepared to get 89'd for a record number of days beginning on Sunday.

Extended Forecast for

Germantown OH

Friday A slight chance of showers after noon. Sunny, with a high near 82. West wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%. Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 60. Southwest wind around 6 mph. Saturday Sunny, with a high near 85. Saturday Night Clear, with a low around 62. Sunday Sunny, with a high near 88. Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 65. Monday A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 89. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Monday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 67. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Tuesday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 88. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Tuesday Night A chance of thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 67. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Wednesday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 88. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

That 89 on Monday is the highest it’ll get all month though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, frostfern said:

Feels more like a repeat of 2018 to me.  Very warm on average, but no extreme heat or good severe weather due to "tropical" type airmasses from the GOM.  No death ridge, no strong cold fronts, and boring moist-adiabatic lapse rates most of the time away from the high plains.

If there is a summer that has potential for extreme heat around here, this might be the one with the dryness. I would say highs in the 90s in early June for possibly several days in a row is actually pretty extreme.

11 hours ago, StormfanaticInd said:

I will bet every dollar I have on warmer than average for most of this subforum. With an ongoing drought in place it is very easy to achieve above normal anomalies.

2 day record heat wave looks to be rivaling that of 1988, but 1988 was a bit longer in duration. That lasted about a week. And I get to be a little cooler than the rest near the Lake. Works for me! :) Temps will still be up there well into next week, tho, with 80's still holding strong away from the Lake.

Record heat possible early June.png