Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season Tracking Thread

WxWatcher007

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

It’s a potential historic event but with minimal Mid ATL impacts it’s kinda meh. Yes our friend @WxWatcher007 is up there and has concerns so there is that. Just shows how cursed this area is if NE gets a direct cane hit before we do

The one thing NE has going for them is the geography. Similar to how Hatteras gets hit because it juts out from the coast - similar geography for places like Cape Cod. I imagine if the Delmarva had a big appendage jutting east - the region would have more tropical.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, H2O said:

It’s a potential historic event but with minimal Mid ATL impacts it’s kinda meh. Yes our friend @WxWatcher007 is up there and has concerns so there is that. Just shows how cursed this area is if NE gets a direct cane hit before we do

:wub: 

17 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

The slow forward speed is absolutely noteworthy given where it is landing. Like, unprecedented noteworthy, right?

As currently modeled it'd be the slowest hurricane to strike NE in recorded history. A lot of hydro concerns. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Paleocene said:

This event seems like it could be quite bad. Why isn't this thread spicy? Is the main tropical thread spicy? I'm scared to go there.

yet you weenied WW007s post lol 

Most of the chatter is in SNE. 

On 8/20/2021 at 9:54 AM, H2O said:

Season's over for us. We had Fred which turned out to be a bust. It's always something in these parts mucking things up.

• Weenie 1

Henri thankfully is a nothing burger.  Tracked further East and weaker than forecast.  Bunch of reporters standing in steady rain.  Weather Channel found one boat adrift.  EURO did a good job with this one.  Was weaker and more east with the track.

if this had been forecast to hit the MA, there would be pages full of whining in here…

• Haha 1

This is WxWatcher007 reporting LIVE from home! 

The hurricane streak of 30 years in New England will continue, as Henri weakened on final approach and kept strongest winds right at the coast.

Normally I don't chase unless there's a hurricane, but with it being so close I made an exception and went down to the RI coast, just south of Westerly to intercept the "core". About a half mile from the beach I had to turn back as flooding on roads became widespread. Shortly after the roads became impassible so I made a good call to stop. I caught the strongest winds in Westerly and intersected the heaviest in CT on the way home. 

Overall a decent chase. Definitely nerve wracking when driving through roads that are passible but clearly starting to flood. I go for the wind, not the water. The Boston Globe and Weather.com reached out to use some of my footage, and it's good to see my chaser rep continue to go up lol. 

Finally, soon it'll be time to talk tropical again. The guidance is hinting at development in the NW Caribbean or southern Gulf in a week or so, and as @poolz1 posted, a very active peak of the season is coming. I'll be putting out my peak season forecast in a few days. 

Enjoy and thank you all for your support! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1