Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season Tracking Thread

WxWatcher007

3 hours ago, Rhino16 said:

Even if it’s kind of a pile of mush by the time it gets here, would tornados be a risk do you think, or just some breezy rain? I don’t like the idea of it passing through at night time. 

Tornadoes are only a threat immediately along and on the east side of the track of the center.     There isn't much guidance that takes the center west of the area, although some tracks are further west than others.

• Like 1

This is WxWatcher007 reporting live for the first time in the 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season from Clearwater, FL, where we have a Storm Surge Warning and Hurricane Warning. Conditions have been relatively dry, but there have been some fairly strong breezes which have been increasing as Elsa approaches. A number of people have been out and about during the calm, but every person I've met so far is aware of the coming storm. 

Expecting a busy overnight period. 

zoiQTy4.jpg

qT54lsb.jpg

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

This is WxWatcher007 reporting live for the first time in the 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season from Clearwater, FL, where we have a Storm Surge Warning and Hurricane Warning. Conditions have been relatively dry, but there have been some fairly strong breezes which have been increasing as Elsa approaches. A number of people have been out and about during the calm, but every person I've met so far is aware of the coming storm. 

Expecting a busy overnight period. 

zoiQTy4.jpg

qT54lsb.jpg

You probably know this but Elsa is a hurricane again. 

BULLETIN
Hurricane Elsa Intermediate Advisory Number 27A
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL       AL052021
800 PM EDT Tue Jul 06 2021

...ELSA REGAINS HURRICANE STATUS SOUTHWEST OF TAMPA BAY...
...RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT EN ROUTE TO INVESTIGATE THE HURRICANE...

SUMMARY OF 800 PM EDT...0000 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...26.6N 83.1W
ABOUT 100 MI...165 KM SSW OF TAMPA FLORIDA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...75 MPH...120 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...N OR 360 DEGREES AT 14 MPH...22 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...996 MB...29.41 INCHES

Haven't been down to Clearwater since the 1990's but remember the first and second visit vividly. The causeway that leads out there is very low. The first year I visited, there was a tropical depression offshore and the water was up to the shoulders at road level. Second time I was there, from Clearwater beach the GOM was as calm as glass and that was a truly impressive sight. Goodluck with your chase WxWatcher007.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

I confess to being a snow watcher no longer as hung up on enso state as I used to be for snow around here. 

Yeah it kinda sucks that we can't rely on that as much...because now it's more difficult to know what we need to work to get warning level snow in the corridor again!

For posterity...on July 4th the Euro had Elsa getting ripped apart off the SE Coast while the GFS had a system going into Florida and up part of the East Coast. Two days later hurricane warnings were issued for the Florida coast. Tropical tracking is not easy.