Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mothers Day Snowstorm?

hardypalmguy

23 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Cold moderate rain and 40 here.  Don't think we'll see any snow here.

Up to 0.63" for the event with quite a bit more on the way.

Even now, there isn't complete consensus on a changeover to snow around here.  This is a real hanging by a thread setup, but overall, I think I am in the favored corridor to change over.  LOT radar has been showing a persistent bright band pointed right in here for some time. 

In the meantime, it's been raining nicely.  If I wake up in the night and don't hear anything, then I'll know it's flipped.

13 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Even now, there isn't complete consensus on a changeover to snow around here.  This is a real hanging by a thread setup, but overall, I think I am in the favored corridor to change over.  LOT radar has been showing a persistent bright band pointed right in here for some time. 

In the meantime, it's been raining nicely.  If I wake up in the night and don't hear anything, then I'll know it's flipped.

Yeah you seem to be near ground zero for where that band sets up.  It's down to 33 in Rochelle so I'm guessing there's some fatties mixing in there. 

If this system would have hit a month earlier we'd be looking at a fat band of 10"+ between I-80 and I-88.

Down to 39 here with moderate rain.  Up to 0.75".

Solid rain event here. 0.98" at 7 AM (Eastern). Numerous lightning strikes in the past hour. Seems strange though while sitting at 40°. It looks like our area is line for 2" or more total. No flooding concerns though with the rain falling over an 18 hour window.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, A-L-E-K said:

Miss south on the rains here sad 

Euro and UK schooled the GFS. GFS was way too north all along with this one. Looking outside, you wouldn't know the area was in a decent drought. Everything green and blossoming. Decent rains here the past few days. I'm ready for some 80's. This is like 3 years in a row may has been crappy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cary67 said:

Assuming ORD didn't reach .50" rain to continue the 130+ day streak.

as of 7am

CHICAGO-O'HARE :  0.12

CHICAGO-MIDWAY         0.77 

NWS CHICAGO-ROMEOVILLE : 1.88

PEORIA AIRPORT           :   2.14

nice soaking 2 to 2.5 inches rain down over a large area from PIA to south burbs 

same areas that got 1-3 inches last event

will help with the drought form creeping more SW

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IWXwx said:

I caught 2.06" here. The flakes were flying earlier north of Fort Wayne (Noble/Dekalb Counties):

Auburn.jpg

snowman.jpg

waterloo.jpg

IWXwx, did someone along US24 get eight inches of rain like you radar suggests? Has to be some water standing in fields if it did.

8 hours ago, bowtie` said:

IWXwx, did someone along US24 get eight inches of rain like you radar suggests? Has to be some water standing in fields if it did.

No. I did see reports of up to 4" in isolated areas (pictures of backyard gauges on social media). But most CoCoRaHS reports were 2.5" and under.