Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mothers Day Snowstorm?

hardypalmguy

1 hour ago, hardypalmguy said:

Becoming more likely. Discuss.

Well, I guess one run of one (somewhat inferior) model showing 5-9” of 10:1 snow along the US-18 corridor technically makes this event more likely than zero models showing it...

1 hour ago, hardypalmguy said:

Becoming more likely. Discuss.

cfd5d3112416d8fa2ed7a780f51e7f58.jpg

I knew our time would come. Trend it a bit south and McHenrysnow and I are ready. Delayed but not denied

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It would be hilarious if someone sees snowflakes on Mothers Day because that would be 2 Mothers Days in a row it has snowed in this region. Talk about unheard of lol.

Last Mothers day I had my mom over for dinner. it was cold and rainy. When the parents left I started washing dishes and the noise of rain had stopped. I looked outside and saw this.

Screenshot_20210505-224151_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210506-162216_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, madwx said:

eh temps are really marginal so it doesn't really accumulate.   In the end I think this will trend to rain

The layer from near the surface to about 850 mb is progged between 0C and -1C.  Even the slightest error with that would cause more of a rain scenario.

I wouldn't rule out some flakes mixing in somewhere on the northern side in heavier precip, but I think it's a real stretch to get accumulating snow as it stands now.

13 minutes ago, madwx said:

eh temps are really marginal so it doesn't really accumulate.   In the end I think this will trend to rain

I don't remember the specifics but after snowflakes fluttered around in the cold may 8th and 9th last year, it actually warmed up on the 10th ahead of the rain. Snow was not even forecast then all of a sudden wet bulbing/evap cooling did its thing and it started pouring snow & instantly accumulating. Granted it was 11:00 p.m., but it was 11:00 p.m. on May 10th

• Like 1

00z NAM still has a zone where it flips to snow, but farther south than before.

*If* by some chance it does change to wet snow somewhere, it wouldn't take a lot of accumulation on the trees to cause some issues as the foliage is really far along now.

4 hours ago, Hoosier said:

00z NAM still has a zone where it flips to snow, but farther south than before.

*If* by some chance it does change to wet snow somewhere, it wouldn't take a lot of accumulation on the trees to cause some issues as the foliage is really far along now.

see below

7 hours ago, Stebo said:

No

Longer answer: Hell ****ing no.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Still have some signal for a window of flakes mixing in north of I-80 and maybe even down to I-80.  So far I don't think the afds have mentioned the possibility.  Any flakes at all is noteworthy at this time of year though so wondering if anybody will address the chances in the afternoon discussions.

17 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Still have some signal for a window of flakes mixing in north of I-80 and maybe even down to I-80.  So far I don't think the afds have mentioned the possibility.  Any flakes at all is noteworthy at this time of year though so wondering if anybody will address the chances in the afternoon discussions.

MKX mention a rain snow mix in passing in their AFD but didn't say much about it.