• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
General Severe Weather Discussion

nwohweather

I know our power went out and came to find out the tornado that was warned 20 mins later is what caused the power to go out to begin with. We had no idea that was that close and happening. While I was on the phone with Blue ridge to report the outage our phones went off. It was pitch black had my daughter and young grandson here with me and this was very surreal. Never want to go through that again!

I don’t know if I’m allowed to say this here. But you should join the Facebook group. That tornado went unwarned and I actually posted 20 minutes before touchdown stating the storm was rotating before it touchdown. So it’s great group for potential bad weather and such.

Southeastern extreme weather group Ga Sc Nc

Also for winter weather

Southeastern winter weather Ga Sc Nc

On 3/28/2022 at 7:16 PM, Jessy89 said:

I don’t know if I’m allowed to say this here. But you should join the Facebook group. That tornado went unwarned and I actually posted 20 minutes before touchdown stating the storm was rotating before it touchdown. So it’s great group for potential bad weather and such.

Southeastern extreme weather group Ga Sc Nc

Also for winter weather

Southeastern winter weather Ga Sc Nc

Thank you I just joined group

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 4:46 PM, NorthernUpstateSC said:

Dud??  Here in Pickens county sc had 2 tornadoes less then 2 miles from our house. Pretty dam scary when the power goes out and it's pitch black then your phone screams tornado warning.  I'll make sure to send the next dud system your way and see how you like it.

I wasn't talking about where you are. I said the local mets, meaning the ones where I am. 

I've experienced more wimpy tropical storm warnings than what we've been seeing this morning (wind gust to 40 at GSO). Won't take much convection to mix 50-60 mph gusts to the surface. I'm not anticipating 60 +, but could be fun (although these high shear low CAPE squall lines always seem to be underwhelming)

20 minutes ago, eyewall said:

It looks pretty junky out there. This won't be one for chasing and decent shots it looks like.

Nope. Watch the activity developing around southern pines. That could become severe out ahead of the main rain. I think we have two shots of severe potential, those storms developing then whatever develops along the front later on. With this wind energy it really won’t take much to get 50+ mph gusts from any elevated storms 

14 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Nope. Watch the activity developing around southern pines. That could become severe out ahead of the main rain. I think we have two shots of severe potential, those storms developing then whatever develops along the front later on. With this wind energy it really won’t take much to get 50+ mph gusts from any elevated storms 

Definitely is a MIdwest October type of threat today, however it does look like some moderate instability and ample moisture transport will be in place this afternoon for the Carolinas. I actually expect us to be under a Tornado Watch shortly 

14 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

Definitely is a MIdwest October type of threat today, however it does look like some moderate instability and ample moisture transport will be in place this afternoon for the Carolinas. I actually expect us to be under a Tornado Watch shortly 

Storm west of Fort Bragg has actually developed some rotation. Seems like a day a spin up could happen quickly 

• jburns unpinned this topic