• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May - September Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

So...what are we lookin' at...another back-to-back la nina event (again)? I know, too early to tell...but of it is...I'm gonna have to follow things from a distance for my own mental health, lol

This would likely be the longest we've gone without a snowfall of a foot (in Baltimore) since the 1988--1992 period....

Was at a shopping plaza earlier that I hadn't walked to since getting the shovel before the 2016 blizzard...made me a tad sad! But...these are the times we live in...

On 6/20/2021 at 8:58 PM, Maestrobjwa said:

So...what are we lookin' at...another back-to-back la nina event (again)? I know, too early to tell...but of it is...I'm gonna have to follow things from a distance for my own mental health, lol

This would likely be the longest we've gone without a snowfall of a foot (in Baltimore) since the 1988--1992 period....

Was at a shopping plaza earlier that I hadn't walked to since getting the shovel before the 2016 blizzard...made me a tad sad! But...these are the times we live in...

My WAG is cool neutral. Official CPC ENSO forecast favors neutral conditions into the Fall. Beyond that who knows. Latest CFS v2 ensemble mean has neutral transitioning to weak Nina for Winter. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 4:22 PM, StormchaserChuck! said:

June heat waves in the West pour over to the eastern and northern 2/3's of the country for July and August, the average departure here was +2 to +3 average

So far for July this post isn’t coming to fruition 

Okay I have to ask...why is it that la ninas easily repeat in consecutive years yet El niños don't? Smh And dang it we JUST had consecutive la ninas a few years ago (16-17 & 17-18 I believe)...and here we are again. Shoot if things are gonna warm why can't we see more niño? Lol Would be nice if it worked that way!!

• 2 weeks later...