Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Banter 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, Chris78 said:

I thought the O'S might be close to 500 this season.  MAybe 75 to 80 wins. It's a long season but looks like I may be off by 20 or 25 wins lol.

This has been a brutal 2-3 weeks. Just finding every possible way to lose.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 8:54 AM, yoda said:

Almost won the game in the 1st OT... the Islanders goalie got lucky with a save with his right pad -- didn't even see the shot/deflection, it hit his pad and rolled away.  The game probably would have gone on for a while longer if Jarry hadn't had a brain fart and tried to send the puck down the center of the ice for no apparent reason

Almost, Yoda. Isles 5-1 against Pittsburgh in playoffs.  So much more talent you would figure better results. They are soft. Got beat up. Goalie sucked too. Better team won. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, H2O said:

Lol Penguins

7 hours ago, Stormpc said:

Almost, Yoda. Isles 5-1 against Pittsburgh in playoffs.  So much more talent you would figure better results. They are soft. Got beat up. Goalie sucked too. Better team won. 

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Where’s Yoda with the Pens update?

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, CAPE said:

Os are owners of the worst record in baseball currently.

And I dont see it changing...I knew the pitching would be bad but its been next level bad outside of Means the last 3-4 weeks. Offense hasnt been as good as I thought it could be either. mountcastle and Hays have generally disappointed so far

53 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

And I dont see it changing...I knew the pitching would be bad but its been next level bad outside of Means the last 3-4 weeks. Offense hasnt been as good as I thought it could be either. mountcastle and Hays have generally disappointed so far

Yeah it's not good at all.

Meanwhile, OTAs ongoing. Love the potential of the Ravens OL this year. Bozeman at center, Stanley back healthy hopefully, and the additions through the draft and FA. Don't think they will miss Orlando Brown Jr at all. Let just hope he flops a bit with KC.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Yeah it's not good at all.

Meanwhile, OTAs ongoing. Love the potential of the Ravens OL this year. Bozeman at center, Stanley back healthy hopefully, and the additions through the draft and FA. Don't think they will miss Orlando Brown Jr at all. Let just hope he flops a bit with KC.

yeah I agree so long as Villaneuva holds up at RT. Line should be better this year. Just hope Lamar and the receivers can gel so we can be more balanced on offense.  On D the concern obviously is still pass rush but we'll still find a way to be solid on defense.  Will be a playoff team once again for sure, just need to make the AFC championship or bust tho

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

yeah I agree so long as Villaneuva holds up at RT. Line should be better this year. Just hope Lamar and the receivers can gel so we can be more balanced on offense.  On D the concern obviously is still pass rush but we'll still find a way to be solid on defense.  Will be a playoff team once again for sure, just need to make the AFC championship or bust tho

Justin Houston makes a lot of sense. They brought him in, and a post draft signing looked like a decent bet. Maybe they are waiting until June 1...which leads me to the receiver part of your post. I like the the WR coaches we have now, and the talent/range of skills of the players on the roster. Watkins is the old man at 27 lol. But- that Julio Jones rumor just wont go away. I really don't see a deal happening, but maybe that partly explains why they haven't signed Houston? Probably no way they can have both. A jones deal is likely dead if the asking price is still a first rounder, plus the cap hit is problematic with possible contract extensions of key players looming.

I think the Ravens are ready to go with what they have. The secondary is super deep, and Wink will have creative blitz packages, so a proven 10 sack guy on the edge is not a must. They probably have one or 2 on the roster that are ready to be that guy anyway.

5 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Justin Houston makes a lot of sense. They brought him in, and a post draft signing looked like a decent bet. Maybe they are waiting until June 1...which leads me to the receiver part of your post. I like the the WR coaches we have now, and the talent/range of skills of the players on the roster. Watkins is the old man at 27 lol. But- that Julio Jones rumor just wont go away. I really don't see a deal happening, but maybe that partly explains why they haven't signed Houston? Probably no way they can have both. A jones deal is likely dead if the asking price is still a first rounder, plus the cap hit is problematic with possible contract extensions of key players looming.

I think the Ravens are ready to go with what they have. The secondary is super deep, and Wink will have creative blitz packages, so a proven 10 sack guy on the edge is not a must. They probably have one or 2 on the roster that are ready to be that guy anyway.

Yeah I dont see Julio happening, I dont think he'd love coming here anyways.  Houston does make some sense...we'll see. I agree that we're good to go with what we have now, we just need to be more balanced on offense so that when teams sell out to stop the run, we can still beat them some with the pass downfield

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Yeah I dont see Julio happening, I dont think he'd love coming here anyways.  Houston does make some sense...we'll see. I agree that we're good to go with what we have now, we just need to be more balanced on offense so that when teams sell out to stop the run, we can still beat them some with the pass downfield

I think they are going to be more explosive. The 2 biggest issues last season were Roman and his ridiculously vanilla schemes, and the really bad interior OL play, plus the Stanley injury. The drop-off in OL play from the previous season was the bigger problem. Lets see what Roman can do with all these young receivers, plus what I think has the potential to be a dominant OL, like they had 2 years ago. Dobbins should run for 1500.

Just now, CAPE said:

I think they are going to be more explosive. The 2 biggest issues last season were Roman and his ridiculously vanilla schemes, and the really bad interior OL play, plus the Stanley injury. The drop-off in OL play from the previous season was the bigger problem. Lets see what Roman can do with all these young receivers, plus what I think has the potential to be a dominant OL, like they had 2 years ago. Dobbins should run for 1500.

Yeah I cant see why they would be worse....barring injury of course

42 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Have not had a beer for 9 days....physical today at 1pm. I look forward to having a beer tonight with dinner:DGoing to Victoria Gastro pub in columbia, their draft list is pretty impressive

Nice place.  Tori used to live in my neighborhood. 

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

Have not had a beer for 9 days....physical today at 1pm. I look forward to having a beer tonight with dinner:DGoing to Victoria Gastro pub in columbia, their draft list is pretty impressive

Nice! Wave when you get there. Haven’t been to Victoria for awhile cuz Covid, but I’ve always enjoyed it. We have dinner reservations tonight at one of our favorite Indian restaurants. So excited!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Nice! Wave when you get there. Haven’t been to Victoria for awhile cuz Covid, but I’ve always enjoyed it. We have dinner reservations tonight at one of our favorite Indian restaurants. So excited!

My GF likes the charcuterie board and I like the beer so it works:thumbsup:. Have fun

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic