Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May Banter 2021

George BM

16 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Big time win last night by the Caps.  I loved seeing their stick work defense (Orlov in particular was great).

Since we’re all talking masks, it felt liberating not wearing my mask this morning at the grocery store.  I personally don’t like masks as I find them uncomfortable but will comply with a business’ rules of course - and if you want to wear a mask even if not required, obviously no issue with me.  But the virtue signaling about masks is out of control.  It’s become a badge of honor to show you “believe in science!!!!!”.

Like you, I’ll do what’s required by businesses. NBD to me if I need to wear one while I’m in a store. I’m a quick shopper anyway lol. That said, I’ve seen lots of takes recently along the lines of......why is everyone acting like the pandemic is over, wearing a mask is the right thing to do even if you’re vaccinated, etc. Much of this coming from folks that wore them because the CDC and others recommended it, but now these folks seem to know better than the CDC. 

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

Someone who doesn't trust the CDC and believes that his/her vaccine only works if everyone on earth is vaccinated, and until then he/she needs to keep wearing a mask even if vaccinated, is a science-denier and anti-vaxxer. I am OK with your right to choose that belief system, though. It takes all kinds.

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

Beer talk time.

Drinking a Burley Oak Coffee N' Cream, made with Rise Up coffee.

Always wanted to try this, but avoided it because of the low (5.1%) abv lol. I must say, it smells awesome, and the taste is wonderful too. The coffee is prominent as expected, but balanced by the creaminess and a slight bit of hops/yeastiness. Quite good.

• Like 2

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

My gf and I are splitting a classic right now. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. 

That is a classic. I mean that was like legit craft beer in the early days. Probably the first hop forward IPA, and back when all those bitter beer face commercials were running lol.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Torpedo from Sierra Nevada is probably still my favorite IPA overall. 

Solid. More balanced. Definitely dank. Similar to the Terrapin Hopesecutioner.

I generally prefer the hazy, fruity, NE style IPAs more now. Ofc the exception is the DFH 120 min, which is in a class by itself, and not for your typical IPA drinker.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nj2va said:

These hockey playoff games have been awesome this weekend.  Tonight’s FL/TB game was really great...back and forth all night...lots of physical play...can’t ask for more.

Let’s go caps!  Would love to go up 2-0 after tomorrow’s game 2.

That Fla was really good. I thought Fla missed a bunch of good chances in that 3rd period

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nj2va said:

These hockey playoff games have been awesome this weekend.  Tonight’s FL/TB game was really great...back and forth all night...lots of physical play...can’t ask for more.

Let’s go caps!  Would love to go up 2-0 after tomorrow’s game 2.

Sounds like Anderson in net tonight... wonder who backup is.  

Capitals coach Peter Laviolette said Sunday he had no update on the severity of the lower-body injury Vitek Vanecek sustained in the first period of a 3-2 overtime win in Game 1 of the best-of-7 series Saturday, other than that the rookie goalie is day to day.

Though goalie Ilya Samsonov participated in an optional practice after being removed from NHL COVID-19 protocol Saturday, Laviolette said Samsonov probably would need some practice time before he's ready to at least dress as the backup.

So that leaves Anderson as the probable starter for Game 2 after he saved 21 of 22 shots in relief in Game 1.

https://www.nhl.com/news/capitals-anderson-likely-to-start-game-2-against-bruins/c-324749080?tid=324442964

7 minutes ago, yoda said:

I know hes a good dude but as a WFT fan I wouldnt sweat it much. He hasnt been all that good that last couple years.. Realistically, hes probably done

4 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I know hes a good dude but as a WFT fan I wouldnt sweat it much. He hasnt been all that good that last couple years.. Realistically, hes probably done

That was because he didn't get to play full time and was rotated in and out

6 minutes ago, yoda said:

That was because he didn't get to play full time and was rotated in and out

Well I guess that maybe goes to part of the point...He'll be 33 this year, you guys have plenty of D line depth. Just dont need him at this point in his career.  But I can see how going to a rival stings a little

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic