Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2021

George BM

11 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I'm as excited as anyone to see restrictions lifted, but I'm preparing for those restrictions to be put back in place at some point. I don't want to be a deb, but I just can't see the mask and social distance mandates being lifted and there not being a corresponding rise in cases that will be alarming enough to result in state and/or local action.

You could be right...we'll see how much the vaccinations matter I suppose.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I think they'll matter plenty, but I fear a spike due to not quite enough people being vaccinated and then going about their business as usual.

I suppose the one thing you can do in that situation is to let the spike happen and see if it subsides after some period of time. If it doesn't, then mandates go back into place. If it does, then we have a much better feel for how spikes will pop up from time to time and when and how we can expect them to subside...and what the effects are on the general population in terms of hospitalizations and deaths during those spikes.

It just sucks that we even need to have this discussion.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

The elephant in the room is the fact that no one takes in to account natural immunity as a supplement to vaccine.  In that respect, it would follow that those who are vaccine hesitant or those who are diametrically opposed would also be the same group that would have the highest incidence of natural immunity from previous infection.  

In other words if you don't believe in the vaccine then you probably thought that you were doing your part by going out and getting infected to contribute to natural immunity.  

29 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I think they'll matter plenty, but I fear a spike due to not quite enough people being vaccinated and then going about their business as usual.

I suppose the one thing you can do in that situation is to let the spike happen and see if it subsides after some period of time. If it doesn't, then mandates go back into place. If it does, then we have a much better feel for how spikes will pop up from time to time and when and how we can expect them to subside...and what the effects are on the general population in terms of hospitalizations and deaths during those spikes.

It just sucks that we even need to have this discussion.

I see what you're saying but if the state is around 70% population "vacced" then I wouldnt think the metrics would rapidly rise

I've been hearing that the Anti-vaxxers will indirectly create lockdowns by upticks in cases in Winter 2021-2022, I really hope that's not the case at all! Could lose BILLIONS in economic losses & damage . . . 

(I'm NOT an Anti-Vaxxer, the reason why I've recently got the final shot was because of potential schedule conflicts . . . )

3 hours ago, mappy said:

you'd still need to wear the mask to enter the restaurant, but there won't be any restrictions on seating inside. every single restriction on capacity, on all businesses, will be lifted in MD this weekend. yay!

well you said it yourself, 30% won't ever get it, which is why Hogan set the goal to 70% to account for that. :) 

I know, its going to be great! We are so close!

I was looking around and I couldn't find it... but will Camden Yards be at 100% capacity?

5 minutes ago, Interstate said:

I was looking around and I couldn't find it... but will Camden Yards be at 100% capacity?

Its up to the mayor and the city as well as the Orioles. They can under state rules now, but Balt City has had more restrictions than rest of state. I suspect that they will raise capacity soon but i doubt to 100% yet

24 minutes ago, blueberryfaygo said:

The elephant in the room is the fact that no one takes in to account natural immunity as a supplement to vaccine.  In that respect, it would follow that those who are vaccine hesitant or those who are diametrically opposed would also be the same group that would have the highest incidence of natural immunity from previous infection.  

In other words if you don't believe in the vaccine then you probably thought that you were doing your part by going out and getting infected to contribute to natural immunity.  

I don’t think a broad statement like that is accurate. There are plenty of folks not getting vaccinated that haven’t gotten covid.

My dad, for example, is against the vaccine and though he’s (thankfully) not contracted the virus, I don’t think he feels like he needs to do his part of anything. 

As a side note, I don’t begrudge anyone for not getting vaccinated. For my dad’s argument that it was rushed and he feels like it’s a risk, I respect that. But he is going to have to respect my choice of not seeing him because I don’t want to risk him getting covid. Even though I’m vaccinated, as we all know, I can still be asymptomatic. The vaccine isn’t just to prevent contracting the virus, it’s also for mitigating the severity if you do get it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Interstate said:

What he said below -- each county still has the final call on how things open. But most counties have followed suit so far. 

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

Its up to the mayor and the city as well as the Orioles. They can under state rules now, but Balt City has had more restrictions than rest of state. I suspect that they will raise capacity soon but i doubt to 100% yet

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, blueberryfaygo said:

But officials are taking all that into account, they did their research to come up with the 70% goal. Between those who will never get it, and those who will achieve natural immunity... the 70% makes sense. 

For what its worth, in the state we have 65% of 18+ residents have already received their first dose. We are very close to that goal as it is.

2 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

As for the vaccine the second it becomes non emergency use you will see a large up tick because not only do you get rid of one of the anti vaxxers points but businesses can require it and everything else leading to a bunch of people getting it.  

I hope that you’re right. Some people will simply not want to get vaccinated and that’s their business, but once the emergency is lifted, I hope that those that are worried about it, will get it.

But who knows. It would be pretty ironic to find out in a year that my third useless eye is a result of the vaccine.

I'm all for people's freedom of choice.  I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around the approach of some that the risk of the vaccine is greater than the risk of covid, along with the benefits to the entire world of getting as many people vaccinated as possible.  I'm hoping that time and the approval of the vaccines for non-emergency use will sway a good number of those who fall on that side.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

59 minutes ago, mappy said:

What he said below -- each county still has the final call on how things open. But most counties have followed suit so far. 

Thanks... not that it really matters... all they need is 15%

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Haha yeah I was gonna say they're not ever gonna get to even 50% capacity anyway unless its a holiday game

I bet you will see higher attendance once they can go full capacity. IMO, people who have been staying home and not doing much are all itching to get out and do things again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mappy said:

I bet you will see higher attendance once they can go full capacity. IMO, people who have been staying home and not doing much are all itching to get out and do things again. 

Same here! Except I've itching to see my Great-Grandmother (She's 90), I've not seen her since December 2019!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mappy said:

not me...i'm staying home to really stick it to the non-vaxxers

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

Im sure attendance will increase some as capacity does but Im not sure much more over 20,000 attendance will happen if they keep tanking the way they are right now lol

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

Im sure attendance will increase some as capacity does but Im not sure much more over 20,000 attendance will happen if they keep tanking the way they are right now lol

well yeah, but it should be more than 15% :lol: 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I'm all for people's freedom of choice.  I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around the approach of some that the risk of the vaccine is greater than the risk of covid, along with the benefits to the entire world of getting as many people vaccinated as possible.  I'm hoping that time and the approval of the vaccines for non-emergency use will sway a good number of those who fall on that side.

Exactly my thoughts.

Bu the way, I’m pretty sure I’ll be backpacking in the Sods next weekend. Hoping to stop in to the taproom and even more hopeful that I might get to purchase some of the bread and or pizza you’ve been making. Are the hours on the website accurate? I’m not on Facebook.

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Exactly my thoughts.

Bu the way, I’m pretty sure I’ll be backpacking in the Sods next weekend. Hoping to stop in to the taproom and even more hopeful that I might get to purchase some of the bread and or pizza you’ve been making. Are the hours on the website accurate? I’m not on Facebook.

No, the website is not up to date.  We're open 4-9pm Friday, 1-9pm Sat and 1-7pm Sunday.

Unfortunately we are still only doing pizzas on Thursday.   Hope to run into you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonjon said:

Couldn't agree more. It's mostly a combination of selfishness and some strange drive to pwn the libs. Anyone who doesn't have a valid medical reason not to be vaccinated should (MUST) get vaccinated. F personal freedoms in this case - being a selfish prick does nothing the good for all of society.

1 hour ago, SnowenOutThere said:

As for the vaccine the second it becomes non emergency use you will see a large up tick because not only do you get rid of one of the anti vaxxers points but businesses can require it and everything else leading to a bunch of people getting it.  

Agreed with this also, but I can foresee a sh*tshow when people realize they can be required to be vaccinated to fully go about their lives as they once did.

20 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Couldn't agree more. It's mostly a combination of selfishness and some strange drive to pwn the libs. Anyone who doesn't have a valid medical reason not to be vaccinated should (MUST) get vaccinated. F personal freedoms in this case - being a selfish prick does nothing the good for all of society.

Agreed with this also, but I can foresee a sh*tshow when people realize they can be required to be vaccinated to fully go about their lives as they once did.

I think the bigger hurdle states will deal with are those who have been going about their lives this entire time like its no big deal as they see no reason to get vaccinated. They've been living life how they have wanted to despite restrictions and mandates. 

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Agreed with this also, but I can foresee a s**tshow when people realize they can be required to be vaccinated to fully go about their lives as they once did.

The CDC has been Exaggerating this badly! And Fauci is not helping anything!

I'm worried that we will go back to Lockdowns DESPITE all the vaccinated people being allowed to go out . . . They are increasingly become ineffective, India managed to stop the first wave with a strict lockdown, but the Second Wave (The one right now there), has almost literally overrun the Medicare system & Oxygen that is needed (Yes, the Coronavirus can drop down the Blood Oxygen level!) there, & it seems like the the Coronavirus is the Smartest virus, it seems to strike no matter how hard you try! Literally!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic