Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2021

George BM

33 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Very cool. He's a great beer connoisseur to have on staff, if that counts for something in your workplace. Good luck to you today, @Baltimorewx!

Could be useful come Christmas time, the guys in my immediate GIS group always do a beer exchange for Christmas (not last year, but pre-covid times). I'm not big on beer, so they chip in and buy me whiskey hahahaha. But I usually get them each a big bottle of something funky. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, George BM said:

RIP to me tomorrow when I go for my early morning run. :(

Update: Okay so somehow I actually felt more energetic than usual for my morning run. It probably had to do with the greater than usual amount of water I drank yesterday afternoon and evening after the shot. 

Currently being over 17 hours post shot, other than the pain at the injection site that you would expect with a needle going through your muscles, no real side effects.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Get to meet @Baltimorewx in person today when he comes to my work for a job interview :) 

Looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, vastateofmind said:

Very cool. He's a great beer connoisseur to have on staff, if that counts for something in your workplace. Good luck to you today, @Baltimorewx!

Hey, I try haha thanks.

49 minutes ago, mappy said:

Could be useful come Christmas time, the guys in my immediate GIS group always do a beer exchange for Christmas (not last year, but pre-covid times). I'm not big on beer, so they chip in and buy me whiskey hahahaha. But I usually get them each a big bottle of something funky. 

Haha, that sounds like a wonderful perk!

24 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Good luck vibes to you @Baltimorewx:thumbsup:

Thank you!

• Like 5

This is WxWatcher007 reporting live from the Midwest...

Gosh, it feels good to say that. :wub:

I'm out in the Midwest this week for Chasecation 2021 and although severe season has been below normal and this week looks marginal at best :( I am making the most of the trip. Yesterday was actually pretty good as I caught the back end of two storms (road network was decent but not ideal) down in Texas. 

Hopefully Thursday and Friday can produce something nice in the central plains. I don't need a wedge, but a LP supercell wouldn't hurt lol. 

Wish me luck! 

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I'm out in the Midwest this week for Chasecation 2021 and although severe season has been below normal and this week looks marginal at best :( I am making the most of the trip. Yesterday was actually pretty good as I caught the back end of two storms (road network was decent but not ideal) down in Texas. 

Hopefully Thursday and Friday can produce something nice in the central plains. I don't need a wedge, but a LP supercell wouldn't hurt lol. 

Wish me luck! 

Go to TX and get hail.  Great for auto insurance

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Wish me luck! 

Good luck friend!! 

• Like 1

I am really confused.. I went to Starbucks in Target today and the barista asked me.. "before I get your coffee I wanted to make sure that you were done with your shopping"

I answered yes and she got my coffee and I paid.. at the very end I asked her.. "What is it?  Are people getting their coffee and walking around the store with it?"

She said "Yes.. and Target doesnt mind if people pull down there mask to have a sip when shopping, but I need to make sure that people are done before serving them"

What does that mean?  Does that mean that she is taking matters in to her own hands because Target is failing to enforce her interpretation of the already convoluted mask rules? 

Do you guys think that there will be perpetual mask mandates as retribution for vaccine choice? Like if we only hit 70% fully vaccinated.. do you think that there will be pressure to keep  mask mandates in place with policy saying "once we hit a certain percentage, we will lift the mandates"? 

I ask this because it seems that once there is viable supply.. ie.. anyone who wants a vaccine can get one, then public health orders are not really protecting any that want to be protected... 

In otherwords.. if you dont want a vaccine.. then you are taking the risk.. but if you want it.. you are protected

47 minutes ago, blueberryfaygo said:

Do you guys think that there will be perpetual mask mandates as retribution for vaccine choice? Like if we only hit 70% fully vaccinated.. do you think that there will be pressure to keep  mask mandates in place with policy saying "once we hit a certain percentage, we will lift the mandates"? 

I ask this because it seems that once there is viable supply.. ie.. anyone who wants a vaccine can get one, then public health orders are not really protecting any that want to be protected... 

In otherwords.. if you dont want a vaccine.. then you are taking the risk.. but if you want it.. you are protected

Just stop wearing a mask if you don’t want to wear one.  And if you want to wear a mask, by all means please do.  I no longer wear a mask anywhere (i suppose if i had to get on an airplane i would have to, but i have purposefully not made any air travel plans).  If I’m asked to leave i do so politely. Lately, i see more people without masks and far less Karen control freak types.  I think that within the next month the weight of vaccinated people and freedom loving people will overwhelm any remaining mask mandates.  

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic