• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May Banter 2021

George BM

Did a spontaneous trip to Brookeville Beer Farm yesterday with some friends for Mother’s Day drinks and pizza. Really nice place. I already liked their beer, but the pizza was top notch too. Definitely will go back, probably on a warmer day! 

Now back to my regularly scheduled programming of cowering in fear of Covid and hiding in my basement. That’s what the rural northern NH resident says we all do, right?

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, nj2va said:

^^^^  Holy sht, I can't even imagine what I would do if that happened to me.  Hopefully both occupants are okay.

Seriously. I've been within several hundred feet of lightning strikes before, which was bad enough....can't imagine it striking close enough to dislodge a chunk of pavement and send it hurtling at me and my vehicle at 100 mph.  :( 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Shhh, let me have my moment without thinking rationally about where we stand with injuries.  :weep:

Gotcha lol.

On June 10th we will be finishing up schlacking the pens and moving on to the Eastern conference finals. :lol:

• Haha 1

Just read Ovi was a full participant at practice. 

The only player not to be on the ice today at practice was Oshie.

My guess is they may hold some players out tomorrow night since there seeding is already set.

Sounds like the only player that may be in question for the start of playoffs is TJ along with whatever is going on with Kuzy and Samsonov 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Just read Ovi was a full participant at practice. 

The only player not to be on the ice today at practice was Oshie.

My guess is they may hold some players out tomorrow night since there seeding is already set.

Sounds like the only player that may be in question for the start of playoffs is TJ along with whatever is going on with Kuzy and Samsonov 

Yeah, I was happy to see Ovi a full practice participant.  I hope Oshie is ok....he's a huge player in our PP (and just all around great for the locker room).

9 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Did a spontaneous trip to Brookeville Beer Farm yesterday with some friends for Mother’s Day drinks and pizza. Really nice place. I already liked their beer, but the pizza was top notch too. Definitely will go back, probably on a warmer day! 

Now back to my regularly scheduled programming of cowering in fear of Covid and hiding in my basement. That’s what the rural northern NH resident says we all do, right?

LOL!!!  Too funny!  Actually, I'm disappointed by the 1st Pfizer shot, I only got the chip that plays dull elevator music.  What a rip!  Others reported being able to receive better stations.  Hopefully the 2nd one is much better!! :lol:  Can't we get better science juice???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Are you watching the Isles/Bruins game on NBCSN?  Definite playoff intensity.  I think I’d rather play NYI.  If Boston forces OT (or wins in regulation), we are playing the Bruins in the first round.

Didn't see the game but was keeping an eye on the score from my phone.

Whoever comes out of the east, it will be well earned. 

All 4 teams play a tough ,heavy , physical game.  I agree I'd rather play the Isles. They have a tough time scoring, but they do play great D.  

My guess would be the  pens win that series fairly easily.

Caps will have there hands full against Boston 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Didn't see the game but was keeping an eye on the score from my phone.

Whoever comes out of the east, it will be well earned. 

All 4 teams play a tough ,heavy , physical game.  I agree I'd rather play the Isles. They have a tough time scoring, but they do play great D.  

My guess would be the  pens win that series fairly easily.

Caps will have there hands full against Boston 

It’ll be a great series. I’m going to try to get tickets to game 1 Saturday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George BM said:

Help! Help! Out of the blue I just got shot in the arm! :weep:

Shot by a needle filled w/ the moderna vaccine not by a bullet just to clarify.

RIP to me tomorrow when I go for my early morning run. :(

I am an Moderna bot also. Second shot for you and we can communicate between our chips. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

I am an Moderna bot also. Second shot for you and we can communicate between our chips. :thumbsup:

We NEED to team up with @Scraff to make that derecho that cruises through the region from NW to SE at 70+ mph.  With June 8th being the date of my second shot, we will be in peak severe season! :tomato:

@Scraff I trust that you've been practicing your abilities? You have four weeks to master them. Good luck. :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, George BM said:

Help! Help! Out of the blue I just got shot in the arm! :weep:

Shot by a needle filled w/ the moderna vaccine not by a bullet just to clarify.

RIP to me tomorrow when I go for my early morning run. :(

Second shot?

That's the one that will take you out for a bit with extreme lethargy, and maybe the chills and some mild aches. It varies. Was a 6 hour thing for me, worse for others, and some didn't notice much of anything.

• Thanks 1

I know we are not heading into a long term gas shortage, but if you are low on gas, don't wait until tomorrow morning to fill your tank.  Go out now and get it. 

I topped off the tank today, felt like a sucker because I know the shortage isn’t real, it’s a panic-inspired shortage and I contributed to it.

That said, going down to the beach with some friends after finals end, and gas looks problematic the whole way down. Need every gallon we can get.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I topped off the tank today, felt like a sucker because I know the shortage isn’t real, it’s a panic-inspired shortage and I contributed to it.

That said, going down to the beach with some friends after finals end, and gas looks problematic the whole way down. Need every gallon we can get.

Yeah, we are doing a road trip to New River WV and down to the Smokies starting Friday.  I’m going to try to keep it above 1/2 a tank if possible.  Amazingly I filled up both cars this weekend by chance.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Did you find Tickets for Saturday? I've checked all the usual websites and there's nothing available.  No resale or anything.

No but I’m hoping for some luck as the week goes on. With the increased capacity, I’d assume some will show up. I’ll keep you posted. 

5 hours ago, CAPE said:

Second shot?

That's the one that will take you out for a bit with extreme lethargy, and maybe the chills and some mild aches. It varies. Was a 6 hour thing for me, worse for others, and some didn't notice much of anything.

First shot. So far nothing 7 hours post shot. Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic