Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, BlizzardNole said:

Thanks to all for posting vax experiences.  I get the second Moderna on May 18.  I have parents and siblings in Calvert and St. Marys and none of them plan to get vaccinated. 

Thank you for getting your vaccine. Neither me or my daughter had any side effects from our shots, me Moderna and her Pfizer. Mr. J got the J&J and again no side effects. Drinking a lot of water helps and keep your arm active. 

2 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Thank you for getting your vaccine. Neither me or my daughter had any side effects from our shots, me Moderna and her Pfizer. Mr. J got the J&J and again no side effects. Drinking a lot of water helps and keep your arm active. 

Def agree on keeping the arm active. I did not after either one of my doses and regretted it the next day. Was sooooo sore. 

Mr Map was down and out all day yesterday, but felt fine this morning. I'm feeling great, arm soreness is completely gone. 

And we decided today that the kiddo can go back to school in the building now that we have dose 2 coursing through our veins. She is SUPER excited, and we are too. She will be going 4-days a week and that means a very quiet house! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

And it's almost happy hour. :drunk:

Got a Brookeville Brew Farm Dewpoint American pale ale going. I love their stuff and I see they have outdoor seating with homemade pizza... think I need to get over there.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

Def agree on keeping the arm active. I did not after either one of my doses and regretted it the next day. Was sooooo sore. 

Mr Map was down and out all day yesterday, but felt fine this morning. I'm feeling great, arm soreness is completely gone. 

And we decided today that the kiddo can go back to school in the building now that we have dose 2 coursing through our veins. She is SUPER excited, and we are too. She will be going 4-days a week and that means a very quiet house! 

It is so nice to be able to start to do things again right! I took over the grocery shopping from Mr. J. He is so awesome that along with working from home he took that on for over a year. Thought I would be a little more anxious going in, but it was like I had never stopped doing it. The girls are out for the rest of the year. We had to make a decision before the end of 3 term and at that time none of us were vaxed and did not know when we would be. But I did just last week purchase tickets to watch the older Miss J's recital at the Weinberg Center next weekend. She does not have as many dances this year as we only let her take 2 classes, but will be so nice to be able to watch her dance again. Her studio is also doing a live feed as capacity is limited for in person. Also went to an awards ceremony for the younger Miss J last night for FFA. Was told by the Principal that the ceremony was the first awards ceremony held in person since schools shut down. 

9 minutes ago, H2O said:

Got my shot earlier and it hurt a lot less than the first one. So now I just wait and see what I get from it if anything. Tomorrow will be telling

I was the same way. The second one hurt a lot less than the first and I had no other side effects. Hopefully you will be the same way. 

• Like 5

Just now, Mrs.J said:

It is so nice to be able to start to do things again right! I took over the grocery shopping from Mr. J. He is so awesome that along with working from home he took that on for over a year. Thought I would be a little more anxious going in, but it was like I had never stopped doing it. The girls are out for the rest of the year. We had to make a decision before the end of 3 term and at that time none of us were vaxed and did not know when we would be. But I did just last week purchase tickets to watch the older Miss J's recital at the Weinberg Center next weekend. She does not have as many dances this year as we only let her take 2 classes, but will be so nice to be able to watch her dance again. Her studio is also doing a live feed as capacity is limited for in person. Also went to an awards ceremony for the younger Miss J last night for FFA. Was told by the Principal that the ceremony was the first awards ceremony held in person since schools shut down. 

I was the same way. The second one hurt a lot less than the first and I had no other side effects. Hopefully you will be the same way. 

I'm so glad you got to go do that and felt comfortable doing so! Must be such a wonderful piece of mind :)

Sorry about the kids not going back in, weird that Frederick County put that into place on a cut-off. Baltimore County, at least my kid's school, was like YES WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE MINI-MAP BACK IN SCHOOL. Her teacher was so excited to hear that they'd get to meet face to face. Which makes me happy and I know its the right decision. 

That's great that you can go do that! We too have a dance recital we will get to actually go see in person in June for the kiddo. We were thankful her dance studio was allowing 2 guests per student, as I was worried only one of us would be able to go. I actually have a Mother-Daughters dance class tomorrow as a Mothers Day thing at her dance studio. I am probably going to die :lol: 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Oh, yeah....if Weggy's has Get Bent in the "pick your six" cooler, I always grab one. One of my consistently excellent favorites.

never heard of it, much less tried it but get bent is my go to response to about a million different situations

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Got a Brookeville Brew Farm Dewpoint American pale ale going. I love their stuff and I see they have outdoor seating with homemade pizza... think I need to get over there.

You’d love their outdoor space. Let me know when you go over. I’d enjoy meeting up.

Meanwhile, I’m down at the Belgian Hall in Hampden. This is incredible.

image.jpeg.60e22d981c360f5fc42f76ddf4798433.jpeg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mappy said:

Nice!!!  I take my daughter in for her first Pfizer shot tomorrow afternoon.  Carefully working both doses around all the stuff she needs to do this month in case of any side-effects.  I get my 2nd one next Saturday.

So did your midichlorian count increase as well??  I guess that's better than having a secret chip injected!! :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

I hear you!  Got my first one a couple of weeks ago and will get the 2nd (Pfizer) next weekend.  I feel better about things, though obviously still cautious (for myself and others, of course).  It does feel good to know I'll have both done before Memorial Day weekend!  My daughter gets her 1st this weekend.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Lol. Just when I think you may not be a douche, you be a douche.

You can think what you want. I am glad people are getting the confidence boosters they need to be able to once again hit the rough-and-tumble aisles of their local Wegmans.

Next up: taking off your masks. I believe in you all; I know you can do it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

You can think what you want. I am glad people are getting the confidence boosters they need to be able to once again hit the rough-and-tumble aisles of their local Wegmans.

Next up: taking off your masks. I believe in you all; I know you can do it.

It’s pretty narrow-minded how easily you put everyone into one of two categories. It’s either your way or the wrong way. I have no problem with how people are handling covid except for the dipshits that see only their way as the way. What do you care if people want to wear a mask? It has no impact on you. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

It’s pretty narrow-minded how easily you put everyone into one of two categories. It’s either your way or the wrong way. I have no problem with how people are handling covid except for the dipshits that see only their way as the way. What do you care if people want to wear a mask? It has no impact on you. 

see this is where a simple get bent really does the job

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

The thing is, he wears a mask too. Or maybe he never goes out- just travels between his residences and stays comfortably inside, getting everything delivered, while trolling others about hiding in their basements. Projection.

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic