Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2021

George BM

6 minutes ago, H2O said:

My son is geeked up about the new "Bad Batch" coming out today.  

I’ve been watching Clone Wars and now Rebels for the last several months. Outside of the first couple seasons of Clone Wars, they’re pretty good. Sometimes really good. I’ll watch Bad Batch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, H2O said:

TBH I've seen worse stuff go on around the net.  What Wilson did wasn't good but not the worst.  He will be lucky if he just gets a fine but probably a couple games.  3 is my guess

I don't see the Paneran thing as a suspendable offense. Paneran jumped on Wilson's back and that led to the body slamming. 

Now Wilson's punch to the back of the head I think is more problematic. 

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

My daughter is very excited! She turns 13 in a week!

2 hours ago, H2O said:

I'm stoked that both my youngest kids will be eligible.  Get them all vax'd up and the whole house will be safe right when summer break starts.

Yep even my 14 year old who has a major needle phobia is excited. She wants to see friends and her cousins this summer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Cool!  My daughter is 17, and is eligible for the Pfizer shot (once I can get her in for one, looks like it's getting easier now).  So far that has been the only one available down to age 16 I think.

I heard that all the mass sites have them. That if you call the number and say you have a minor that they are holding Pfizer at all locations even if it is not the dominate shot there that day. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, wxtrix said:

Finn and Rey say “may the Force be with you!”.

I love the expressions that cats give!  Like they're putting up with us mere humans sometimes...

A8598D58-7F05-4365-836C-124BD09A3449.jpeg

Cat translation:  Can't you see I have better things to do than get my picture taken!!

3A95FF7B-7B98-4551-BB8E-3939E8C3996A.jpeg

Cat translation II:  ...important stuff, like lying in this nice sunbeam!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GATECH said:

Yeah, not a fan either,  I use Radar Scope.  The old NWS radar was fine IMO.  I was a fan of the National mosaic display, but they even messed that up and its unusable now.  They should have a ‘classic’ feature, kinda like when they rolled out new coke...now I have dated myself.

Same. I used to look at it all the time, much missed. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, mappy said:

Woooo shot 2 done! I’d get up and dance if all the people here wouldn’t look at me and laugh 

tired, very sore arm, and achy all over. dont know if its from my 2nd dose, or just being in my late 30s. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mappy said:

tired, very sore arm, and achy all over. dont know if its from my 2nd dose, or just being in my late 30s

Probably that.  Being young makes the side effects stronger due to your stronger immune system.  We have older relatives that had no effects at all from shot 2.  Keep us updated!

2 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Probably that.  Being young makes the side effects stronger due to your stronger immune system.  We have older relatives that had no effects at all from shot 2.  Keep us updated!

LOL -- I'm leaning pfizer. Definitely more achy than any other normal morning 

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

I know the answer but out of kindness I'll say its the shot. :P

watch it, sir. you don't have much room to talk :lol: 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I wonder what the Rangers will do tonight with Wilson.  I bet there’s a fight within the first minute.

So the classic 'I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out' will be said? 

I'm gonna edit this to add a fun experience from a game I went to couple years ago. Roanoke (Railyard Dawgs, SPHL) playing Fayetteville in a home/home series. Not sure what happened the night before in Fayetteville, but BEFORE the puck was dropped 3 separate fights started with the lined up players! I think the game started 3 on 3 with 70+ minutes of penalty time before the puck even dropped lol.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mappy said:

lol yeah. its def due to the vaccine. completely wiped out this morning. want to go back to bed.

Take care of yourself!  I've heard that happens for both the 2nd Pfizer and Moderna shots, or at least it's highly variable (either little reaction or feeling out of it for a day).  One time years ago, I felt awful soon after a tetanus shot (one of the TDP ones, can't recall which).  But the next time I was due for another one, no real issue other than a sore arm.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic