• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2021

George BM

A respectable warm/hot period appears to be setting up beginning next weekend. Pretty strong WA high builds and looks to hang around for a while on the mean. Probably a solid stretch of temps 85-90 with dews on the high side. 

The latter part of this week still looks interesting with several chances of storms from late Wed - Friday along a slow moving front. Pretty impressive fetch of moisture between the trough moving in from the west and the high building over the Atlantic.

gfs_mslp_pwata_eus_17.png

gfs_midRH_eus_17.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

46 so far for the low this morning, which is pretty impressive. 1.97” of rain for the weekend and 4.49” for the month of May. 

The lawn has been salvaged for at least another few weeks, but the garden needs some sun and warmth.

My grass area is still thriving, along with the clover and whatever else grows out there. Usually starts to go downhill by mid June. I have been loosely following the fertilizing routine recommended by Jonathan Green. I just put down the summer stuff before the rain. See if it makes a difference. I think the problem here is a combo of not getting deep enough roots, very well drained soil, and the trees robbing moisture/nutrients once they become fully active.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CAPE said:

My grass area is still thriving, along with the clover and whatever else grows out there. Usually starts to go downhill by mid June. I have been loosely following the fertilizing routine recommended by Jonathan Green. I just put down the summer stuff before the rain. See if it makes a difference. I think the problem here is a combo of not getting deep enough roots, very well drained soil, and the trees robbing moisture/nutrients once they become fully active.

yep to all of that

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

My numbers for the month of May 2021

Total precip was 1.51 inches vs a normal of 4.11 inches, a -2.60 inches below normal AND now is 2nd driest May on record, with only the parched May 2006's 1.31 inches beating it. There were 13 days with measurable, 6 days with a 'T' and 12 dry days. The wettest day was on the 29th with 0.43 inches falling. There was no snowfall recorded for the month. The averaged high for the month was 72.1 degrees vs a normal of 74.4 degrees, a -2.3 degrees below normal. The warmest temp recorded was 86.8 degrees on the 27th. The averaged low was 48.3 degrees vs a normal of 48.0 degrees, a +0.3 above normal. The coldest temp recorded for the month was 37.1 degrees on the 13th. The overall averaged temp for the month was 60.2 degrees vs a normal of 61.2 degrees, a -1.0 below normal. The highest wind recorded was 66 mph on the 5th in a thunderstorm. The only record set/broke for the month was a 'cool max' set on the last day of the month, the 31st.  Overall a very dry and slightly cooler than normal month. Records go back to October 1979.

• Like 2