Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, Bodhi Cove said:

Ha! Tell that to the female hummer who flies out of the tree, b-lines straight to me and starts drinking the nectar out of the feeder before I've even had a chance to switch it out. 

:lol:

Love when they do that, or when I go out on the deck and they fly right to 1-2 feet from my face and eyeball me like they're saying "what are you doing on our deck?"  Funny little buggers

Can't believe we are looking at muggy and 80s with thunderstorms in a couple days

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

This is easily the worst two day stretch of memorial day weekend weather I have ever been around - factoring in the cold on top of the rain. 

It is pretty shit. Needed the rain, but damn. Can't do a thing outside in this.

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, CAPE said:

This feels like a once every 250 year kinda event, frankly. Back to back days like this? At the ass-end of May? 26+ degree departures on the low side from average highs? It's ****ing awful. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

59 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Amazing how some folks were convinced a drought may be near, including myself. Yet,  in a period of a few days extensive,  needed rainfall fell in many areas . Also, later in the week looks wet as well. 

Interesting to note,  despite the clouds and temps  recently surf zone temps continue to increase.  Of course it is still chilly,  but moving towards acceptable in a few weeks, fingers crossed.  

9 minutes ago, frd said:

Amazing how some folks were convinced a drought may be near, including myself. Yet,  in a period of a few days extensive,  needed rainfall fell in many areas . Also, later in the week looks wet as well. 

Interesting to note,  despite the clouds and temps  recently surf zone temps continue to increase.  Of course it is still chilly,  but moving towards acceptable in a few weeks, fingers crossed.  

Interesting look, with HP off the coast and that energy dropping in- should get some juice up here with the SW flow. Could be some decent storms Thursday into Friday.

gfs_z500a_us_16.png

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Interesting look, with HP off the coast and that energy dropping in- should get some juice up here with the SW flow. Could be some decent storms Thursday into Friday.

gfs_z500a_us_16.png

Yes, it looks potentially active. Will cut the grass on Tuesday.  

588 heights near Bermuda extending West a bit and that energy rotating our way...

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

This feels like a once every 250 year kinda event, frankly. Back to back days like this? At the ass-end of May? 26+ degree departures on the low side from average highs? It's ****ing awful. 

I think this is the worst two day weather stretch of all time when you consider time of year, holiday weekend and averages.  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

It’s been great weather for planting a tree actually- ground is soaked and easy to dig, temperature feels a lot more comfortable than yesterday (when I actually needed a hat and gloves!). I’ll take upper 50’s and drizzle vs planting in upper 80’s and sun anytime.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

It’s been great weather for planting a tree actually- ground is soaked and easy to dig, temperature feels a lot more comfortable than yesterday (when I actually needed a hat and gloves!). I’ll take upper 50’s and drizzle vs planting in upper 80’s and sun anytime.

Yeah good for yanking weeds too. I might go do that. Grass needs mowing though, and some other projects I want to get done are a no go when everything is saturated. Hopefully things dry out quickly later tonight and we wake up to sun tomorrow morning. Not sure how rapidly it clears out for eastern areas though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Love this weather!

I was running the 500k weed dragon Friday and I'd much prefer the chilly breeze and lower 60s (then) vs. upper 80s and sweating like a pig!

We're lucky, tomorrow should be clear and nice.  Not pool nice, but nice!  The H3 (Hot/Hazy/Humid) crap will probably be here for Independence Day pool parties!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic