Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2021

George BM

15 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

0.85” with the first batch.

I was outside in EC dining when the skies opened up last night. Even some lightning, which was uncomfortable to say the least. I'm curious what we ended up with. It rained really, really hard for about an hour.

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

Temp down to 50.

Soaking rain currently. 1.15"

Ready for a break. Mesos showing another inch or so here.

22 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Just hit the 2" mark. I hope whatever comes later is light or misses east. I'm good.

15 minutes ago, CAPE said:

What a crappy day lol.

Eh, it's time.

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA - Minibar Delivery

:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

What a crappy day lol.

Eh, it's time.

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA - Minibar Delivery

Oh man had one of those yesterday at the Dogfishead Alehouse in Gaithersburg, with a juicy bacon cheddar burger.  Mmmmmm!

Got right about 1.0 yesterday and last night which was way more than the 0.6 I expected.  Just drizzle today and an incredibly cold 50 degrees. 

• Like 1

Mt Holly AFD snippet-

Another shot of moderate to heavy rainfall is likely in parts of eastern Maryland, Delaware and southern New Jersey into this evening as a short wave rotates around the mid level low. Otherwise, periods of light rain are anticipated in our region into Sunday. Additional rainfall from tonight into Sunday is forecast to total generally from one quarter to three quarters of an inch.

Can't wait.

48F. My flowering tropical plants are not happy at all. The hummingbirds aren't  either. I moved the hummingbird feeders out of the rain and wind, and surprisingly they found the new location of pretty quickly. And I'm switching the feeder every 3 hours, (one inside to warm it up). 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bodhi Cove said:

48F. My flowering tropical plants are not happy at all. The hummingbirds aren't  either. I moved the hummingbird feeders out of the rain and wind, and surprisingly they found the new location of pretty quickly. And I'm switching the feeder every 3 hours, (one inside to warm it up). 

No need to warm it up -- ruby throats love the cold nectar!  My tropicals are also not liking this crap weather. 

Looks like another day locked in the low 50s. Looking forward to finally seeing sun tomorrow.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

No need to warm it up -- ruby throats love the cold nectar!  My tropicals are also not liking this crap weather. 

Looks like another day locked in the low 50s. Looking forward to finally seeing sun tomorrow.

Ha! Tell that to the female hummer who flies out of the tree, b-lines straight to me and starts drinking the nectar out of the feeder before I've even had a chance to switch it out. 

:lol:

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic