Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

With strong HP ridging down from Quebec, the frontal boundary will likely be pushed pretty far SW. There will be some showers/storms but I would expect any heavier rain will be focused from DC west and especially southwestward.

GFS and GGEM agree, but euro keeps it through Baltimore. Euro emphatically ends our proto-drought with nearly 4” of rain through D10!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

GFS and GGEM agree, but euro keeps it through Baltimore. Euro emphatically ends our proto-drought with nearly 4” of rain through D10!

Mesos too. ICON is similar to Euro, but without the heavy amounts. I think there will be some showers around as the backdoor front moves in and the winds shift to onshore- convergence zone? Doesn't look like a ton of moisture available though. With the frontal boundary nearby and vacillating over the next several days, there should be some chances later in the week and weekend.

52 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Damn. My AC is struggling today. I know the sun is baking right on the house at this time, but I’m wondering if I need some servicing. 

Yeah it shouldn't be struggling on a day like this. Other than charge, might want to check filter(s) and the often overlooked dirty condenser/evaporator coils. A couple years ago I had to clean the A coil in my indoor unit- it can get caked with fine dirt/lint that gets past the filter over time.

• Like 1

Just now, dailylurker said:

Just finished planting a 1500 square foot corn plot. It's hot, it's dry, it's windy and I'm ready for October lol. It's also ready loud.

It will be 20+ degrees cooler tomorrow. Maybe even a sprinkle or 2. Early October-like.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Started the day in Dolly Sods and temps in the low 50’s. Finished our circuit and stopped into Cushwa where it was upper 80’s with a nice breeze, so not bad at all in the shade of the umbrella. Home now and not terrible but nice to have the AC on and the windows closed. Cicadas are getting loud.

Wow, no cicadas here at all in central Charles County and temperatures never fell below 70 last night. Quite a bit of diversity in our forum.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CAPE said:

Yeah it shouldn't be struggling on a day like this. Other than charge, might want to check filter(s) and the often overlooked dirty condenser/evaporator coils. A couple years ago I had to clean the A coil in my indoor unit- it can get caked with fine dirt/lint that gets past the filter over time.

It’s flashing a malfunction warning now. Got a BGE Home appointment for June 7 online and will try and call tomorrow for something sooner.

10 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

It’s flashing a malfunction warning now. Got a BGE Home appointment for June 7 online and will try and call tomorrow for something sooner.

And then randomly it turned back on at 945pm and started blowing cold air. So I have no idea. 

Light rain here now. Whopping 0.04” in the bucket so far.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic