Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2021

George BM

21 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Keep it chilly- we have June through September to do our usual non-stop torch, so I'll take what I can get.

I have a feeling the I-95/east excessive wetness streak, where every event maxed out/overperformed, may have ended or at least relaxed. Only 0.35" here in the last 12+ days. Looking at guidance, it appears the locales favored for 'heavier' rain for tonight and also Sunday into Monday will once again not be over my yard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

I have a feeling the I-95/east excessive wetness streak, where every event maxed out/overperformed, may have ended or at least relaxed. Only 0.35" here in the last 12+ days. Looking at guidance, it appears the locales favored for 'heavier' rain for tonight and also Sunday into Monday will once again not be over my yard.

I agree, IMBY has flipped back to more normal rain events over the last few weeks, and it appears to be staying that way. That’s great news!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dailylurker said:

A stretch of cold and damp can change that really fast. Cucumbers especially hate cool damp weather. Fungal issues can develop and cause problems. I like to wait until temps are at least 55 at night. I've had healthy plants suddenly go from healthy to mush from long duration cool damp weather. I've tried everything over the years. I get the big loaded monster plants when I plant later. 

Cucurbits are definitely not as hardy as tomatoes or peppers, which can withstand nights in the 40s. While it might stunt growth during that time, they're able to get their root systems established to get ready for big growth once the average highs get nearer to 80 and nights generally don't get below 50.

I generally wait to plant cucumbers and cantaloupes until we're well into May, but tomatoes and peppers go into the ground anywhere between April 20 and May 5, depending on the long-range forecasts.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I agree, IMBY has flipped back to more normal rain events over the last few weeks, and it appears to be staying that way. That’s great news!

Yup. As long as it doesn't go desert dry from mid June through July. The larvicide applications seemed to have mitigated the skeeters, and more typical rainfall, as well as everything coming alive, has rapidly shrunk my wetland. Maybe it will actually dry up by early June- which used to be normal.

• Like 1

After a high of 65, temp is down to 58. It has gotten quite breezy and the skies are dark. Some strong returns developing on radar just sw of here, but the cell(s) are quite small. Looks like there is a line forming, but moving more north than east. We shall see.

10 hours ago, chris21 said:

We get more triple digit heat than we ever did before. Check out the new averages.

Not here.  Last hottest day for us was 07-22-2019 and that didn't quite reach the century mark. Nice electrical show that night was worth the broil I guess.  Best weather would be mid 70s and low in low 60s.  Mostly sunny.  Year 'round! ;)

This time of the year in NE MD we get the cold air damming blues, it will be foggy/cloudy and in the 50s and DC will be in the lower 80s and sunny.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Had some sun earlier, but fading with dark clouds moving in. Radar looks interesting.

Decent steady rain here in Lutherville-Timonium but no thunder or anything that I can tell. Radar probably looks more impressive than what’s actually occurring but nonetheless still more rain than I anticipated this morning 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stormfly said:

Not here.  Last hottest day for us was 07-22-2019 and that didn't quite reach the century mark. 

You got me curious, so I looked back, and last 99 here was 7 July 2012. Week after the derecho 5 day power outage. Also 99 in July 2011 (BWI made 106). I'm just too close to the swamp to make triple digits. (On DP however, we're tough to beat. Yuk.)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic