Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2021

George BM

12 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Coolish and breezy. Very nice out. Temp is 73. A little rain this morning but not much. Total since Monday is 0.31".

Got the sprinkler on now to make up the deficit. :raining:

Had a downpour roll over the house around 3. Not sure how much fell but 20 min later the sun came out and got breezy. Grass dried enough and bailed bay before it got butthole tall

17 minutes ago, H2O said:

Had a downpour roll over the house around 3. Not sure how much fell but 20 min later the sun came out and got breezy. Grass dried enough and bailed bay before it got butthole tall

So want to post a Pulp Fiction clip because I have no idea what your last sentence means...

4 minutes ago, FXW176 said:

So want to post a Pulp Fiction clip because I have no idea what your last sentence means...

Should have said bailed hay. As in tall grass. The stuff that grows between my weeds. And Sam Jackson away

13 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Gorgeous morning...should be a beautiful day, nice change of pace from the last couple humid mornings

Average high temps are low 70s. If we are going to be 8-10 degrees from avg for a few days I will take below over above every time. Fully expect 80s and humid to become the norm for the latter half of the month.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Average high temps are low 70s. If we are going to be 8-10 degrees from avg for a few days I will take below over above every time. Fully expect 80s and humid to become the norm for the latter half of the month.

Sure I agree...I just wish we could have more consistent low to mid 70s with low humidity but those days are rare around here.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

This. Another week missing out on actual 70s-degree weather means the flip to upper 80s will be sudden. 

Right..It was my point about a month ago with losetoa6....Completely sunny, low wind, low humidity and within 5 degrees either way of 70 are not all that common in this area. Just not.  Id have to do some research to back it up I guess but Im guessing the number of days in a year that fit that criteria would be under 30

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WeatherShak said:

My tomatoes and peppers are all going strong. In the ground 3 weeks now.

A stretch of cold and damp can change that really fast. Cucumbers especially hate cool damp weather. Fungal issues can develop and cause problems. I like to wait until temps are at least 55 at night. I've had healthy plants suddenly go from healthy to mush from long duration cool damp weather. I've tried everything over the years. I get the big loaded monster plants when I plant later. 

A stretch of cold and damp can change that really fast. Cucumbers especially hate cool damp weather. Fungal issues can develop and cause problems. I like to wait until temps are at least 55 at night. I've had healthy plants suddenly go from healthy to mush from long duration cool damp weather. I've tried everything over the years. I get the big loaded monster plants when I plant later. 

Thanks for the intel!

Last Sunday was my ideal weather: mid-eighties and low dewpoints. But that never, ever lasts more than a day and we're lucky if we get one day like that per month in the summer.

Every year I keep hoping for a dry pattern like 1964 (only three days with measurable rain in May that year, and every summer month had less than two inches of rain) and every year we keep getting stuck in nasty, wet patterns. REALLY frigging depressing to think the climate has changed so much that never again in my lifetime will I see another nice, dry summer.

8 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Keep it chilly- we have June through September to do our usual non-stop torch, so I'll take what I can get.

Exactly!

We don't really get blistering triple digit heat any more.  90s with mid to upper 70s dews are worse!
Yesterday felt great!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stormfly said:

Exactly!

We don't really get blistering triple digit heat any more.  90s with mid to upper 70s dews are worse!
Yesterday felt great!

Another consequence of the increased rainfall in recent years; higher soil moisture means higher dewpoints and more clouds bubbling up, which cuts the heat.

3 minutes ago, Stormfly said:

Exactly!

Yesterday felt great!

We get more triple digit heat than we ever did before. Check out the new averages.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic