Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2021

George BM

8 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Replying to myself but also @WxUSAF - Gotta wonder if it's something related to VA-267. At least roughly if you follow on Google Earth an imaginary line running from the radome to the ESE along 267 and then continue that line - it would end up somewhere near/just south of Easton...maybe traffic?  

Traffic seems light now.  Could it be a crane working on the Metro Extension to Dulles?  Not sure how far along that is, but it was projected to be completed this summer.   It would also make sense as to why it is not there all of the time. 

12 hours ago, CAPE said:

Nothing here since that random shower late yesterday afternoon.

Thinking another bust rainfall forecast coming up?  

Amounts coming down , and radar looks pathetic.

Talk of excessive rains have slowly evolved to .25 inches , if we are lucky. I don't need or want a flood but some rain for the flowers would be nice. 

1 minute ago, frd said:

Thinking another bust rainfall forecast coming up?  

Amounts coming down , and radar looks pathetic.

Talk of excessive rains have slowly evolved to .25 inches , if we are lucky. I don't need or want a flood but some rain for the flowers would be nice. 

Might hold together enough for something down here. I think the ridging is hanging on along the coast and may tend to weaken the convection as it moves east though. Another round towards morning into tomorrow though with the front. A half inch or so would be nice. Its been 9 days since any appreciable rain has fallen.

Oh, there's been plenty of rain in Tysons Corner/Vienna. I walk to work every day, four miles each way, and both yesterday morning and this morning I got rained on (the latter being a surprise). Just got home after coming through a wind-driven downpour which turned the sidewalks into rivers and thoroughly soaked my pants and socks.

Just once, can't we get a DRY summer for a change?? A good old-fashioned drought like in 1930 or 1965??

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Decent area of light to moderate rain behind the main line, such that it was.

0.22" and still raining. More than I expected.

Another bust , two in a row. no rain at all. 

Good for you , at least you got some. 

15 hours ago, GATECH said:

My weather flow getting a workout today, real first time to see the lightening detection feature in action.  I bit clunky, but better than nothing.

Are you pleased with the Tempest kit? How long installed? I've read about this a few times in recent months, and I'm intrigued...have thought about pulling the trigger on it once or twice, but haven't heard a lot of "real world" feedback.

10 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Steady light rain this morning here.  @CAPE would be pleased for his lawn.

Hopefully I get in on some of that action. Only a quarter inch here over the last 36 hours. Looks like there are multiple chances for some rain over the next few days, but probably not widespread or heavy for most. The NW crew has been getting most of the good stuff so far.

Maybe this summer will be the inversion of last, where I-95 east was continuously inundated and the NW folks were near drought lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Hopefully I get in on some of that action. Only a quarter inch here over the last 36 hours. Looks like there are multiple chances for some rain over the next few days, but probably not widespread or heavy for most. The NW crew has been getting most of the good stuff so far.

Maybe this summer will be the inversion of last, where I-95 east was continuously inundated and the NW folks were near drought lol.

Pssshhh...I’m only at 0.14” and counting for the month. 

2 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Are you pleased with the Tempest kit? How long installed? I've read about this a few times in recent months, and I'm intrigued...have thought about pulling the trigger on it once or twice, but haven't heard a lot of "real world" feedback.

I got it for Christmas and so far it’s been working pretty well.  Performance seems about as good as my old Davis Vantage pro 2 so far, that lasted 15 years though.  I have a terrible sighting problem, surrounded by large trees and houses, so wind readings aren’t great.  Was leary about the haptic rain sensor, but seems pretty good now compared to surrounding stations, they use some sort of AI to smooth out errors.  Couple of cool features, the UV sensor and lightening detector are cool, not sure how accurate they are but interesting to have.  For the cost, seems like a lot of bang for the buck.  Just have to see how long it lasts.  Also setup is a breeze!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

^don't believe that map for MBY, but did have some big boy/girl rain in the last 90 minutes. Around 0.3” for the day and 0.4” for the last 3 days. 

The first level yellow is a half inch. I am in the green adjacent to that which is a quarter to a half. About right, but I am much closer to a quarter.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic