Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2021

bluewave

7 hours ago, bluewave said:

This weekend actually looks like our last dry heat for a while. The next warm up on Wednesday is forecast to be more humid. So we may get back to the familiar 70° dewpoints. It would fit with the guidance showing better rain chances coming up. 

6FBB3198-25DE-4080-81EF-A7D24E067CBB.thumb.png.e7591c0b1c0711a1fb1c6eac6f5b19a4.png

A845BCB9-8628-49CA-AB5C-5EF6F709CA43.thumb.png.0f0e4de228bcfa30799589465ec97cb8.png

Chris, you wouldn't have any idea for what the type of heat we might get on July/August would be like this far in advance would you?  I hope we get back to this.

Also, how is it LGA only reached 88 yesterday- I was shocked by that.  It actually reminds me of very early season snowfalls where LGA is raining or mixing and its snowing at JFK and accumulating (like Oct 2012 and Nov 2013)

1 minute ago, LibertyBell said:

Chris, you wouldn't have any idea for what the type of heat we might get on July/August would be like this far in advance would you?  I hope we get back to this.

Also, how is it LGA only reached 88 yesterday- I was shocked by that.  It actually reminds me of very early season snowfalls where LGA is raining or mixing and its snowing at JFK and accumulating (like Oct 2012 and Nov 2013)

The winds were from the nw and LGA is on the LI sound. JFK usually hotter than LGA with a nw wind

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

models back to dry for the next 7-8 days after showing a deluge by the Euro yesterday

Its all goning to be depend on the flow and if any ULL can cut off and where that is, west of the area or like the prior ecm showed.   still would keep an eye on next weekend (Fri - Sun) period.  

1 hour ago, LibertyBell said:

All that we know is the new default winter and summer patterns since the super El Niño in 15-16. Warmer than normal winters with above normal snowfall. The two exceptions were the below normal snowfall winters in 18-19 and 19-20. But they were still warm. The summers since 16 have been warmer than average and more humid. The only outlier was the cooler 2017 summer but it was still humid. So it’s very difficult to know ahead of time when the coming season is going to deviate from recent experience. 

• Like 2

I would bet higher maxes in JFK in late Srping/early summer on a NW/N flow than LGA, and even some days well into the summer depending on the dry adiabatic. That flow is coming off the mainland of Queens and the Van Wyck - I count expressways as a type of topography in these parts.

• Rjay unpinned this topic