• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2021

bluewave

Heavier showers  filling in more quickly just west of NYC than the models indicated yesterday. Impressive cold pool aloft with very steep mid-level lapse rates. So any stronger cells could produce some pea sized hail.

C69D048A-4A6F-41B3-BF4E-0016D7FA19C4.thumb.jpeg.045fa0cfe23e90645d6b124ac9ec87b9.jpeg

B56F1A05-1052-464C-94B6-B97C35F6544D.gif.5c1b1b731ac1df213d563bd2c052cd4e.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Another shit spring, here we go again. No wonder people are moving south, life is too short to remain trapped indoors 

Huh? March & April have both been AN temperature wise and BN precip wise. May could follow if the 2nd half really heats up.

We'll be in the 70s by midweek and we'll have some 80s next week. 

I guess if you wanted 80F+ and sunny every day since March then sure move to Florida. 

45 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Another shit spring, here we go again. No wonder people are moving south, life is too short to remain trapped indoors 

The other day I was thinking to myself if all Springs really sucked here or are we just in a bad stretch.

I’ve begun to hate Spring as much as Winter.

The next 7 to 10 days should be the last of the much below normal temps.

It should steadily warm up after that, as it tends to every year.

We are almost there

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

With drenching afternoon and evening strong to severe thunderstorms. 

If we can keep these record 700-500 mb lapse rates going into the summer, then it will be the case.

9EC1A540-F4E5-4152-97A7-16B78BA39198.thumb.jpeg.b8e016f36365d8886cbe57c3a5d66569.jpeg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

I hope so. I love when we get those several day stretches when we have afternoon and evening thunderstorms everyday in a warm and humid pattern. 

Getting pea size hail now on Staten Island.

556D28BE-B259-4C4A-93D7-55EB425E3DF1.thumb.jpeg.5784991cb9dc5fb6f7cda724ef8e017c.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, psv88 said:

To each their own but I wouldn't call consistent highs in the 60s to be "trapped indoors" weather and a shitty spring. It's not like it's been raining much like previous springs.

Not gonna lie though, those few days when we topped 80 felt really nice.

Wantage 0.32 since 6A...  (.01 6A-7A), then the bulk from  ~930A onward.  EC was steady on this and some of the NAM/ SPC HREF/GGEM had it too but not much after 2P and variable inconsistency, so much so that I was getting depressed about not having significant rain today after seeing some of the 12z and 18z/7 guidance.   Turns out that guidance available leading up to 20z/Wed May 5 and resultant cancel decisionfor an important outdoor project today,  worked out. Was sweating it last night.

mPing showing many hail reports  NNJ-PA/MD after 230PM.

8 hours ago, gravitylover said:

The green out there has nothing to do with food (or environmentally wise aspects), it's lawns, non native landscaping and golf courses. 

No I'm talking about greenery on top of buildings and the community gardens and urban farming are actually places in Queens and the Bronx where people are growing their own food to get away from the processed crap that passes for "food" these days.

https://www.nybg.org/gardens/bronx-green-up/urban-farming-community-gardening/

Thanks to things like this, people never have to eat diabetes and obesity causing crap anymore.

• Like 1

• Rjay unpinned this topic