• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Severe Weather May 3rd 2021

15 minutes ago, cheese007 said:

Wonder if that storm about by Stamford makes it into Dallas later tonight. I'd imagine the atmosphere over northern Dallas county is pretty untapped no? 

"Untapped" isn't the word I would use. It was impacted by a severe warned cell earlier. 

That said, although things have stabilized at the surface, there's still plenty of elevated instability as mid-level lapse rates continue to steepen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cheese007 said:

TX Storm Chasers raising the alarm about the Stamford storm making it into the metro by around midnight-ish 

The latest Hi-Res models aren't very bullish on it surviving to DFW, but the conditions are certainly there to keep it going. 

Per the SPC, there were at least 2 fatalities yesterday.

One was caused by the tornado in Douglasville, GA that caused a tree to fall on top of someone, and the other was a semi-truck driver that was caught on the tornado that crossed I-35 just outside of Waxahachie, TX.

2 hours ago, Powerball said:

One was caused by the tornado in Douglasville, GA that caused a tree to fall on top of someone, and the other was a semi-truck driver that was caught on the tornado that crossed I-35 just outside of Waxahachie, TX.

I see two, both in Georgia and listed under the wind reports.

4 hours ago, Powerball said:

11 hours ago, Witness Protection Program said:

Truck driver in the rig that flipped and knocked out the I-35e median has died.

I was there last night, I was told by DPS & other first responders there were no fatalities, a couple of the guys were in rough shape but everyone was conscious, breathing and talking when they were loaded up on an ambulance, everyone was expected to survive. At least that’s what I was told and I haven’t seen anything saying anyone didn’t make it, which is honestly a miracle! 

AE65892C-664F-4F36-8BD9-D9EA26ED33B6.jpeg

• Like 3