Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2021 Discussion

weatherwiz

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

I thought so too (though as a FD, I figured they'd be legit).

Tossing out the outliers, there seems like there's a cluster in that area and a cluster  a notch below:

Yeah that area had a narrow band of higher totals. But 4.5” seems high compared to others. Maybe testing out the hoses?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

College showcase . Progin Park.. we’ve played there a bunch over the years. Worst parking lot and walkway to fields in America 

Oh I thought EDP was younger ones only and stepped up to ECNL. I’ll be headed down to ECNL showcase next weekend NC. Real deal. 

• Like 1

0.89" after 16 hours of mostly -RA, nice garden rain bringing the May total to 1.66".  Still very light rain but not a whole lot upstream unless one of the forecast convective spots hits us this afternoon.  If not, it will be the 3rd May in a row without thunder (was 17 of 21 before that) and the first when both March and April had thunder.

54 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Saturday high of 49 and yesterday 50.....2.86" of rain for the final tally

Now lets bring on summer, I have a swimming pool that is a nice tint of teal and 59° that needs some assistance

I had mine crystal clear and up to 80 with the heater last week. Currently sitting at 64, and water level over the skimmer. 

Closing remarks on this Mem Day weekend massacre -

From about last Tuesday on in I was following the lead-up days/model cycles to this 3-day stint of anti-Stein keenly for two reason:   one, because I wanted it to rain enough to advance the Atlantic Ocean to the foot of the Berkshires permanently if it means never using/having to see the <-- preceding term 'stein' in context ...ever again ... Oh, and, all the people that do, are under that oceanic water column. 

So I was split in personal agenda...  because two, I thought the wetter models had a chance of being over-assessed, and I was interested in seeing if that would transpire as we pressed on through the weekend.  That of course did not happen!   The reasons I cited were clad, too. Despite that, sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you ... 

One thing I did notice though, the NAM nailed this thing and did so... before the other guidance.  Although, in fairness and reciprocity I doff a little hat to the GFS ...which I come done on hard as the NCEP's deterministic instrument - I think it deserves the rec.  The Euro was not horrible..but it wasn't as good as the NAM frankly, until it about 36 hours out, and then starts getting more impacting with that 2nd wave.  

Just what I observed.  I'm also in bad mood this morning so hopefully this offends some one, some how -

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 1:50 PM, powderfreak said:

A buddy in Dover, VT had a little snow on his truck this morning.  Screen shot from a video, but definitely saw flakes last night.

4A9D4064-3A35-48E7-A4F1-85638BF3FA2E.jpeg.79b08c0615f7e02b106bc4267540f414.jpeg

There was no accumulation at my spot, not even on my white snow board. Dover tends to cool a little more efficiently on a NE flow than I do, which may explain the difference.