Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2021 Discussion

weatherwiz

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Sitting on my chair bundled up with flannel shirt, hoodie, fleece PJs, winter socks and a blanket is not how I expected my last day of May to go. #refusetoturnontheheat

Back to back low record max temps at ORH HFD PVD BDR . Boston had 1 yesterday

Cant even imagine! We’re sitting at a nice 71 here, my NE blood has thinned.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Here is something I don’t understand..

There’s these few diehards that refuse to use heat when it’s cold and AC when it’s hot. What is the rationale with that? Is it a money thing? I guess that’s the only thing that makes a remote bit of sense 

I put my heat on Friday night when I knew it was going to be miserable for days. I don’t mind letting the house get chilly in the morning if it’s going to warm up during the day, but not 60 straight hours of 40s. It’s not that much energy used. Plus it warms and dries up my basement a bit in case I get some water down there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Here is something I don’t understand..

There’s these few diehards that refuse to use heat when it’s cold and AC when it’s hot. What is the rationale with that? Is it a money thing? I guess that’s the only thing that makes a remote bit of sense 

I have to turn the propane tanks back on, light the pilots. Not a money thing at all its just stupid chilly.  You and your damn summer as far as the eye can see call back in mid May geezuz lol

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I put my heat on Friday night when I knew it was going to be miserable for days. I don’t mind letting the house get chilly in the morning if it’s going to warm up during the day, but not 60 straight hours of 40s. It’s not that much energy used. Plus it warms and dries up my basement a bit in case I get some water down there.

I suppose Kev can turn his AC on to heat his house?

13 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

It's been torrential here for most of the past 45 minutes--hardest of the entire weekend as near as I an tell.

4.43" with nearly a.25 in the last 30 minutes.

Are these totals from the fire station? How did the nearby stations compare?

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I have to turn the propane tanks back on, light the pilots. Not a money thing at all its just stupid chilly.  You and your damn summer as far as the eye can see call back in mid May geezuz lol

I suppose it’s the same kind of mentality I have with only wearing shorts after April 1. Plenty of layers on arms , so not cold at all.  There were a handful of people over the weekend in shorts at the soccer tourneys. One more game today in Fitchburg. But why not use AC when it’s hot?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah I mean unless folks are strapped for cash and need to save a few bucks , I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t want the house warm . Days and days of 40’s and zero sun , houses get ice cold 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I suppose it’s the same kind of mentality I have with only wearing shorts after April 1. Plenty of layers on arms , so not cold at all.  There were a handful of people over the weekend in shorts at the soccer tourneys. One more game today in Fitchburg. But why not use AC when it’s hot?

I use AC when its hot and humid for more than a day. So far only a fan has sufficed. You ridicule people who wore jeans this weekend and now ridicule me because I didn't put my heat back on.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They have very little useful value. This time they were correct 

They have been excellent. Your wishcaatung has been brutal of course you will say you were just baiting people, thats why no one takes your posts seriously 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I use AC when its hot and humid for more than a day. So far only a fan has sufficed. You ridicule people who wore jeans this weekend and now ridicule me because I didn't put my heat back on.

You are the most sensitive person here. You literally can’t have a normal discussion without getting upset, angry and offended. Everything is always an argument and then you start hurling insults at people .No one was ridiculing you. We were asking a serious question. JHC. 

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Playing at Game On? Cool views from up there hopefully the clouds clear. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You are the most sensitive person here. You literally can’t have a normal discussion without getting upset, angry and offended. Everything is always an argument and then you start hurling insults at people .No one was ridiculing you. We were asking a serious question. JHC. 

FAC899B4-1AA3-4899-8F10-F9320C73FFD2.png

46 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah I mean unless folks are strapped for cash and need to save a few bucks , I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t want the house warm . Days and days of 40’s and zero sun , houses get ice cold 

Picture you sitting in your house with shorts and tees on with the heat blasting away typing posts ridiculing people with jeans on last day of May

• Haha 1