Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2021 Discussion

weatherwiz

6 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I did last evening. Flipped the switch on the propane insert in the living room. Didn’t turn the whole system on though, but the bed room last night was dang chilly at 61.

I think the latest I ever did it was like jun 1 several years ago. We had a nasty two day stretch like this. 

2 hours ago, codfishsnowman said:

Did anyone like Mitch or Powder freak have any wet snow or sleet mixed in yesterday?

It was low to mid 40s with pouring rain for a good part of Fri night and yesterday in the lower valley so who knows with 2 or 3k of elevation?

Mitch posted that had had flakes. He was down to 34°.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, codfishsnowman said:

Did anyone like Mitch or Powder freak have any wet snow or sleet mixed in yesterday?

It was low to mid 40s with pouring rain for a good part of Fri night and yesterday in the lower valley so who knows with 2 or 3k of elevation?

I have not seen a drop of precipitation yet.  It was sunny yesterday, ha.  Killington was the furthest north I saw snow on webcams.

I did post a shot of my buddy in Dover, VT who had like 1/4-1/2” of wet snow on elevated surfaces.  I think he’s around 2,000ft.

This was Killington... Okemo, Mt Snow and Stratton all showed snow too.

1FF1E8A3-CD05-4D8F-8E44-B6BDE125AA32.jpeg.e4444f427f68ea6fd19580a1dafcb3a1.jpeg

• Like 3

Do the AP writers live in cave, “dry conditions” and wildfires clearly not a concern in New England! Written out of Steins basement

FROM THE NEWSROOM:  (AP)  Officials are urging caution at cookouts and campsites this holiday weekend to tamp down wildfires in New England. Forest rangers asked campers to make sure their campfires are fully extinguished before leaving them. They also urged people to obey open burning laws and to obtain permits before burning brush. Dry conditions are contributing to fires and persisting despite the showery forecast this weekend. The drought monitor released on Thursday showed parts of New Hampshire and Vermont are already in a moderate drought while most of Maine is “abnormally dry.”

1 hour ago, Modfan2 said:

Do the AP writers live in cave, “dry conditions” and wildfires clearly not a concern in New England! Written out of Steins basement

FROM THE NEWSROOM:  (AP)  Officials are urging caution at cookouts and campsites this holiday weekend to tamp down wildfires in New England. Forest rangers asked campers to make sure their campfires are fully extinguished before leaving them. They also urged people to obey open burning laws and to obtain permits before burning brush. Dry conditions are contributing to fires and persisting despite the showery forecast this weekend. The drought monitor released on Thursday showed parts of New Hampshire and Vermont are already in a moderate drought while most of Maine is “abnormally dry.”

Stein lives in someone’s mind.