Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2021 Discussion

weatherwiz

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

This will go down as one of the all time crappy Memorial Day weekends.

It may be the worst. Rain and cold records yesterday. More rain and cold records today. Rain continuing well into Monday. If someone can find a worse 3-day Memorial weekend stretch I’d like to see it.

• Sad 2

Just now, dendrite said:

It may be the worst. Rain and cold records yesterday. More rain and cold records today. Rain continuing well into Monday. If someone can find a worse 3-day Memorial weekend stretch I’d like to see it.

Makes sense you’d choose that over a few bottle rockets and sparklers in your neighborhood celebrating our veterans 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Makes sense you’d choose that over a few bottle rockets and sparklers in your neighborhood celebrating our veterans 

My neighbors looked like Times Square on NYE. :lol:

I spent 3hrs picking up debris in my yard and filled an entire chicken feed bag with it. I don’t want this wx, but yeah, I’d take this over that mess again. I don’t need explosives to honor our veterans. lol

I dunno y'all ...regardless of the source of that bar graph up there ... heh, this is a pretty damn ominous looking signal that's materializing ~ spanning that 2nd week of June. It's even materializing in a planetary weighted construct, ...as 'one of those' type of events.   Notice the non-spiked nature of the long trajectory, arcing increase taking days... followed by non frontal slow decay ??  

- that's that not the same dragon beast as the typical run-of-the-mill heat wave synoptic, that's how those planetary events tend to go ..

- talkin' real 'bundamentalism' stuff for those into summer shit. Lol

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

My neighbors looked like Times Square on NYE. :lol:

I spent 3hrs picking up debris in my yard and filled an entire chicken feed bag with it. I don’t want this wx, but yeah, I’d take this over that mess again. I don’t need explosives to honor our veterans. lol

At least the sun comes out tomorrow. Today’s it .. at least in SNE

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I dunno y'all ...regardless of the source of that bar graph up there ... heh, this is a pretty ominous looking signal that's materializing ~ spanning that 2nd week of June. 

- talkin' real 'bundamentalism' stuff for those into summer shit -

Yeah…looks like a period of much above coming, but the GFS does funny things in the 2m extended during heat waves. I remember when it was trying to give us 110° for days a couple years back. 

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah…looks like a period of much above coming, but the GFS does funny things in the 2m extended during heat waves. I remember when it was trying to give us 110° for days a couple years back. 

OH yeah... we keep that in mind

By the way ..I was going to start a June thread with some of these thoughts and obs ?  I think it - much to the chagrin of some ... lol - this may be the next headline-able aspect, "heat wave," ...pending any leading convection.  The Euro, GEFs and GGEM are in remarkable agreement which is rare -

I'm thinking Thursday has some shot at thunderstorms...But it's a bad lapse rate deal with synoptic forcing again ...so heh.  We can't seem to get a -8C delta anymore... 

3 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Is there one for this area?

I can assure you ... the signal that formulates ( ultimately ...) those bar graphics for NYC ...are an eastern N/A and hemispheric scoped and scaled long wave event so ...  they're likely hot whatever they are.  Ha ha