Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2021 Discussion

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, wxmanmitch said:

Rain and snow mix here, 36.0° F. I've had periods of wet flakes mixed in during the heavier bouts of precipitation since around 1 AM. This is the latest trace of snow I've ever observed in my lifetime. Amazing stuff! 

Did you have snow in 2013? I can't recall if you were there then. Plus I think the date was earlier... 

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Did you have snow in 2013? I can't recall if you were there then. Plus I think the date was earlier... 

2013 was May 25th I think? 

ORH high temp through 11am is 44F. Wonder if they can keep it 46F or colder. Prob not but if they did, this would be the latest date on record for a high that cold. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Yea, for sure. First long weekend where restaurants and bars do a big business (and can be at full capacity ) and outdoor activities commence and we get this abomination. 

If the weather was nice a lot of them wouldn't be able to handle a big crowd though since many are still understaffed, so this might be a blessing in disguise for many employees. Owners might not think the same.

I can't recall another Memorial Day weekend where it was such a combination of rain and cold    2013 wasn't this bad   

15 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Yep, not good for businesses anywhere this wknd

Not necessarily bad for all.  I remember from when I was young that some of the busiest days in a restaurant where I worked were the rainy days of holiday weekends because it meant people were driven in and not doing outdoor things.  Some will lose folks, others gain.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, klw said:

Not necessarily bad for all.  I remember from when I was young that some of the busiest days in a restaurant where I worked were the rainy days of holiday weekends because it meant people were driven in and not doing outdoor things.  Some will lose folks, others gain.

Yesterday evening I went to pick up some pizza in Gardner.  There was a big line of traffic in an area I had not seen it happen before.   

I forgot about the pot shop (huge lines) and the Taco Bell/KFC next door. Even huger line...lol        Priorities  

• Haha 2