Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2021 Discussion

weatherwiz

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I have my heat zones set for 60F and the heat kicked on this evening.  Nothing like paying for heat all weekend for Memorial Day.  In the winter I’ll do mid-60s but this time of year the wife is going to live with 60F inside :lol:.

I have the thermo at 55 and the fireplace going. Wife is bundled up. We get blasted with plenty of heat and humidity all summer down south so she is enjoying this little break, so she says. 

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I have the thermo at 55 and the fireplace going. Wife is bundled up. We get blasted with plenty of heat and humidity all summer down south so she is enjoying this little break, so she says. 

Few years ago I was running a golf tourney fund raiser for my kids school. June 1, 2015. 47 and pounded rain.

Memorial Day around here can be hit or miss. I personally hate it. Warm season is short enough to have to deal with this. I suck it up and wear a hoody with my shorts and flip flops. After mid May I ain’t wearing long pants until late October unless I’m at work. 

• Like 1

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Few years ago I was running a golf tourney fund raiser for my kids school. June 1. 47 and poured rain.

Memorial Day around here can be hit or miss. I personally hate it. Warm season is short enough to have to deal with this. I suck it up and wear a hoody with my shorts and flip flops. After mid May I ain’t wearing long pants until late October unless I’m at work. 

Haha same. 

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like some bright banding in the southern 'Dacks to S.VT out of the ALY radar.

Beam height looks to be 3,500-4,500ft in those spots, so probably some glistening wet crystals getting sampled.

animate.gif.9eec16d7f3f4cb9cbffaf57c39dd9e38.gif

I would say snowing above 2500 feet

image.thumb.png.c28801305485421e50507a34e9317e1f.png

16 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Few years ago I was running a golf tourney fund raiser for my kids school. June 1, 2015. 47 and pounded rain.

Same.  Even up here.  Shorts this evening with hat and gloves up on the mountain.  It’s amazing how low you can wear shorts if the core of body and head are kept warm.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

That def looks like wet flakes on the Stratton webcam. 

Yeah, it looked like a wind-whipped rain/snow mix. I have learned from experience that sometimes the cams in night vision mode can leave streaks on rain drops and also create a “swirl effect” that makes it look like snow. 

11 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, it looked like a wind-whipped rain/snow mix. I have learned from experience that sometimes the cams in night vision mode can leave streaks on rain drops and also create a “swirl effect” that makes it look like snow. 

I was leaning towards rain or white rain in the wind.  It’s definitely right there with frozen core potential, but I’ve seen enough breezy transitional rain on live cans to think it’s not quite snow.  Once it switches to pure snow it sound be noticeable, more floaty.

• Like 2