Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2021 Discussion

weatherwiz

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

But it’s not likely to verify . We shall see 

Yeah just like a winter storm, the larger the amounts modeled the more skeptical one should get.  But the EPS mean has 90%+ probabilities of >2” of rain by Tuesday morning for a pretty sizable area.

There will likely be some good soaking rainfall for all the lawns for days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah just like a winter storm, the larger the amounts modeled the more skeptical one should get.  But the EPS mean has 90%+ probabilities of >2” of rain by Tuesday morning for a pretty sizable area.

I am quite certain of 1-3” widespread now. I highly doubt hundreds of miles of 3-6” Maybe in a narrow zone somewhere in SE MA. If I had to pick that, I’d choose the Cape up to Scooter in S Weymouth 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I am quite certain of 1-3” widespread now. I highly doubt hundreds of miles of 3-6” Maybe in a narrow zone somewhere in SE MA. If I had to pick that, I’d choose the Cape up to Scooter in S Weymouth 

Yeah I think after Monday most are 2”+ in SNE.

Just like in winter when you toss outliers but then watch model run after model run of all models bring inches of water.... at some point it’s like hmmm, not one model is showing caution flags. 

The NAM family is still going strong on the 18z runs lol.  Sun/Mon really starting to amplify.

7415A5EA-25BA-4A36-BA81-B131BDF4620A.thumb.png.030078b2eaf906fed5f4761b9703f24c.png

A55D4A46-A3B7-41AE-A6F9-8016F34190A0.thumb.png.82b4ac759e9d6426d252924358164545.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

But it’s not likely to verify . We shall see 

well... technically, Kevin, you may get your share of that chart's total, tonight  -

We all agree it's raining a goodly amount, pan-dimensional

Also - you may get your brown out .. .ER crowded, soccer practice heat stroke pattern in the first week of June -

in fact, this could be an ominous signal for heat through the 15th ...

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

well... technically, Kevin, you may get your share of that chart's total, tonight  -

We all agree it's raining a goodly amount, pan-dimensional

Also - you may get your brown out .. .ER crowded, soccer practice heat stroke pattern in the first week of June -

in fact, this could be an ominous signal for heat through the 15th ...

Those that like this cold wet weekend are going to regret wishing for this . By mid week and beyond it’s South Georgia swamp all over New England 

Been following this storm all week. Work has been crazy but I decided to leave early so I can get some yard work done and mow the hayfield formerly called my lawn. Just finished and checking again looks like I may treat myself to an ice cold Sam because it was a good decision.

Looking like the worst Memorial Day weekend in a while. Cool, breezy, 50’s if we are lucky and 2-3” of rain. I’ve been diggin’ the FV3 Hi-Res on TT and it hasn’t been too shabby…

4FF9D3AC-74D0-4BEB-91F6-75A6686B3AAF.jpeg

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That cutoff Sunday into Monday has SOS all over it. Wherever  the convergence sets up is where those 5”+ totals happen. In general seems like almost all areas in SNE 2-3”+. Much needed. 

Can we get a Sultan emoji to go with the Stein?

aladdin.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That cutoff Sunday into Monday has SOS all over it. Wherever  the convergence sets up is where those 5”+ totals happen. In general seems like almost all areas in SNE 2-3”+. Much needed. 

Will the Sultan make a rescue or two? The wizard hasn’t had to rescue in quite a few years 

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

If we can get a little deffy action in the monads, could get interesting above 1500’?

Yeah looking at 925mb it gets down to around 0C to 1C so like 2000 feet or higher could maybe start mixing or even flip? 

49 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Those that like this cold wet weekend are going to regret wishing for this . By mid week and beyond it’s South Georgia swamp all over New England 

Name one person who wished for it. I can name one person who tried to wishcast it away for a week. You! Next week is higher dews because of rain not temps so Georgia in winter maybe 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The 5 ppl that live in the Pawcatuck River water shed need his help.

One of New England's best kept secret watershed. At times floating down you would think you were in rural Maine. Stunning vistas with lots of wild trout to boot. But downstream is pretty highly populated just not the rat infested garbage strewn water system you are accustomed to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

If we can get a little deffy action in the monads, could get interesting above 1500’?

Taking the dog on her daily evening walk and the outside thermometer on the top lift building is showing 37-38F.  Only a mid/upper cloud deck but it has that feel that if it started precipitating somehow it would be snow.

Had to throw on a hat to cover the ears and gloves.  What a way to start Memorial Day weekend... the unofficial start to summer :lol:.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Taking the dog on her daily evening walk and the outside thermometer on the top lift building is showing 37-38F.  Only a mid/upper cloud deck but it has that feel that if it started precipitating somehow it would be snow.

Had to throw on a hat to cover the ears and gloves.  What a way to start Memorial Day weekend... the unofficial start to summer :lol:.

If it’s going to be this dumb, let’s get some snow. 

36 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Name one person who wished for it. I can name one person who tried to wishcast it away for a week. You! Next week is higher dews because of rain not temps so Georgia in winter maybe 

You like this but I hope didn’t wish for this. I need snow loves this and totally wished for it. There’s a few others in here that I can’t think of their screen names that love cold rain in summer . Mitch is one too

• Weenie 2