Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2021 Discussion

weatherwiz

14 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Kind of manky here tonight... we AC

The installing AC in April talk in here is always silly, but equally as silly is people who wear suffering through heat and not turning on the air as a badge of honor. Congrats on being uncomfortable?

turned on the central air today....no badge of honor here it goes on when the humidity kicks in...

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Highest in our region that I saw was 91° at MHT, FIT, and HFD. Max here was 85°.

western mass torch.

:Central and Western Massachusetts...
FIT  : Fitchburg        :   91   /    65   /    0.00
ORE  : Orange           :   90   /    57   /    0.00
CEF  : Springfield      :   90   /    53   /      T
BAF  : Westfield        :   90   /    55   /    0.00
  • Like 1

The stage is set for an unseasonably hot day across southern New England. A very mild start combined with west northwest surface winds, 925T near +22C and plenty of sunshine will result in high temps overachieving much of the guidance. We expect high temperatures in the 89 to 93 degree range across most of the region. The cooling marine influence that has existed across the south coast, Cape and Islands the previous two days will be significantly limited today. High temps should push 90 right to the south coast and probably well into the 80s across much of the Cape and Marthas Vineyard too.

Everybody Cooks today.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, kdxken said:

The stage is set for an unseasonably hot day across southern New England. A very mild start combined with west northwest surface winds, 925T near +22C and plenty of sunshine will result in high temps overachieving much of the guidance. We expect high temperatures in the 89 to 93 degree range across most of the region. The cooling marine influence that has existed across the south coast, Cape and Islands the previous two days will be significantly limited today. High temps should push 90 right to the south coast and probably well into the 80s across much of the Cape and Marthas Vineyard too.

Everybody Cooks today.

Not everyone, low 80’s down here! 

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah every year we get the countdown to May 1st which is when he stops posting. 

He'll appear with a post about capes with a bunch of explanation points soon enough.  Looking forward to today's forecasted high of 80.  Will likely be back in Westborough before the front passes through up here.

The theme continued overnight of suppressing most of rains next weekend down over the mid Atlantic. Maybe NYC SW. Should that hold and continue we may be able to have at least a parry sunny, warm weekend with 70’s under strong May sunshine . It’s crazy how the same suppression pattern keeps happening really since early winter 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

Warm in the Midwest.  I get to avoid the worst of the Monday chill and hopefully next weekend as well.  Gloriously summery now!

On Friday I was driving through upstate New York and it was pretty toasty. The car thermometer read 91-94 for pretty much until we got close to Albany. 

As a northern New Englander, I'm completely OK with the Memorial Day weekend forecast. It'll be terrific for doing hours of work in the garden.

44 minutes ago, monadnocks said:

On Friday I was driving through upstate New York and it was pretty toasty. The car thermometer read 91-94 for pretty much until we got close to Albany. 

As a northern New Englander, I'm completely OK with the Memorial Day weekend forecast. It'll be terrific for doing hours of work in the garden.

Not me-give me near death as I treat 100+ like it’s nothing-because it’s there.   Yesterday it was warm until I got to Buffalo and the lake trajectory dropped 10 degrees which quickly recovered as the angle changed.  Hot day (for this early) today in OH.

Well that’s quite the change.  Car saying 58-59 in town now.  Might be a tad cool as stations are mostly hanging at 60F now.

Down to 55F at 1500ft base of ski area.

55-60F and gusty NW winds is a far cry from the past few days.  Windows and doors slamming shut.

5E15708F-1A49-456B-AAA0-89839A0AEA01.jpeg.ab9c0d2da374d0e9601230bebd1476d9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1