• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2021 Discussion

weatherwiz

This BD is forcing very little appreciable cooling impact ..that's for sure.   I mean Bedford MA is 79 F and they are only 10 clicks inland ...  Logan is managing to flirt with 70 on a 15 mph E wind in mid May - that's a bit odd actually.. 

Meanwhile, we're 80 to 83 up and down Rt 2 west of I495  this hour ...

Sensibly it is hotter than yesterday despite being located behind this analyzed front https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/sfc/90fwbg.gif

Reason? no wind ... I mean the sun is like straight up and down ... almost 72 angle or whatever it's like burning the top of your head just stepping out there.

Still dry air though.

Noticing the ridge trying to rollback in next week, though more longitudinal ... Looks like the layout of a Lakes to New England drechio/MCS ...  There's a 570 dm thickness plume ( unlike this dry air ridge this go) skirting along within that ridge bulge, and it gets to about Watertown - Brian - PWM or so ...  and some EML looks like it may have gotten peeled away from the SW in that... 

Anyway, we may go from mid 80s to low 70s, to mid 80s/72 DP, Saturday thru Wed next week, and with a polar jet just next door over the St L Seaway...  could be a legit severe risk in that Tue-Thur time frame.

Of course ...all that's predicated on the assumption that these current looks hold.  A couple .. few cycles from now, the ridge may become strong enough to fend it all N, or... not exist as much... in either case... something else -

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, CT Valley Snowman said:

85 here.  Sunny, warm and dry with a breeze.  Won't make 90 but 87 range is possible. 

who cares what I think but when the DP's low, I stop counting after 83 or 84 ... until maybe 94 - that's entry into hot domain. Anything in between there may as well just be one temperature, 89

For every say 2 deg of DP added beyond 52, that 94 gets less by one degree.  ... such that 84 is hot with a 72 DP ...something like that.   Weird 30 variable equation for apparent temperature -  just go 2 over 1     LOL

84 here via several home stations within a couple clicks, tied into Wunder's network

• Like 1