Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2021 Discussion

weatherwiz

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro has a NW flow severe threat on later Sunday....we actually tend to do better on those.

agreed ... both.

It had this sort of idea ...or at least 'synoptic vulnerability' to the layout on the runs yesterday, but this has been pushed out to Sunday ..either way. 

Some complain about the look over the weekend but I think is awesome - that has decently active thunder storm .. Saturday could be better in the afternoon than modeled, then MCS late at night...Then Sunday with frontal forcing

17 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I think he has been right for March,April and so far in May... 

For ORH they were

+4.4 for March

+1.9 for Napril

so far +0.4 for May but that will climb quite a bit for the next several days

April was front loaded the first 10 days. The 30 day period encompassing the last 20 days of April and the first 10 of May kinda sucked.

1 hour ago, CT Rain said:

Has a decent look synoptically but very little CAPE as modeled. Will be interesting to see if this changes over time. 

Really ?

huh.  it has all the QPF mottled across the Saturday afternoon and night charts - ...I went ahead and made the assumption earlier in my mind that we were finally pooling theta-e

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Really ?

huh.  it has all the QPF mottled across the Saturday afternoon and night charts - ...I went ahead and made the assumption earlier in my mind that we were finally pooling theta-e

It mixes the dews out Sunday afternoon, but by evening it has them well into the 60s. I’d be wary of that and lean toward higher theta-e pooling as well. 
58BAF92E-8359-48E0-98F7-3609148D458E.jpeg

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It mixes the dews out Sunday afternoon, but by evening it has them well into the 60s. I’d be wary of that and lean toward higher theta-e pooling as well. 
58BAF92E-8359-48E0-98F7-3609148D458E.jpeg

Yeah I tend to agree here, too - ...models getting cutesy with metrics like that at this range.  Obviously it can happen - but it's a delicate set up and it will get fractal pumped Lol...

Best just think synoptic experience and then if we get closer and it's consensus and shit...sure. 

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s everywhere you look . I suspect there’s been a lot of “secret” installs this week with some not wanting to admit they did or will tomorrow.. Scooter, Ginx etc 

I installed about a month ago.  Glad I did.  Not sure who would push it all the way to memorial day and play with fire.....strange. 

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s everywhere you look . I suspect there’s been a lot of “secret” installs this week with some not wanting to admit they did or will tomorrow.. Scooter, Ginx etc 

You're definitely a cool spot. 77.7F there today and I had 77.9F. Some summers I struggle to hit 90F...will be interesting to see if you can pull one off.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

I installed about a month ago.  Glad I did.  Not sure who would push it all the way to memorial day and play with fire.....strange. 

Yeah it’s a head scratcher for sure . Never have understood why wait. If they want to open windows and teach kids alphabet in the pollen on the furniture and floors just open other windows 

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

20 hours ago, dendrite said:

You're definitely a cool spot. 77.7F there today and I had 77.9F. Some summers I struggle to hit 90F...will be interesting to see if you can pull one off.

Both stems hit 81 in town it looks like . I’ll hit 81-82 or so tomorrow and maybe 83-84 if Thursday doesn’t have cloud contamination. Won’t drop below 60 rest of this week I don’t think 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

April was front loaded the first 10 days. The 30 day period encompassing the last 20 days of April and the first 10 of May kinda sucked.

March is what tipped the scales. That was warm and dry. If it wasn’t going to snow at least it was pleasant.  Late April and early May were garbage. I think I had 8+ straight days with at least some rain

36 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You are such a Sally.  My windows have been wide open and there isn't any noticeable pollen in the house. I mean if you vacuum and dust on the reg whats the big deal. I don't understand how a high of 83 outside requires AC. Its absolutely weird your obsession with air conditioning.with low dews Open your windows at night and run fans. During the day if its gonna be above 85 close all windows draw blinds (if necessary) shut off heat generating appliances.
House should stay reasonably cool all day. Free AC. Enjoy your higher electric bill when not needed because of your OCD with pollen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Definitely an AC day on the Mastiff lol

Screenshot_20210518-185859_Chrome.jpg

Max of 77.5F with a max dew of 49F (though afternoon much lower)... that's how you draw it up.  Congrat's DIT, open 'em up wide and let it in.

This is the week to install most likely though if that's something you do.  Memorial Day Weekend not that far away, the unofficial start of summer anyway.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Oak strands gone wild. This is the time of year where it looks like the Wild West on my street. Tumble weeds of strands blowing into drifts. 

:stein:isn’t helping either. Between the Oak fronds and the inches of pollen on everything and little rain over the next 30 days .. welcome to West Texas 

6 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

Don't most people that don't have central AC have those newer floor models that takes 5 minutes to vent out the window?

Yep rolls out of the closet plug and go. Wont need them though.  Spectacular nights with low dews and warm days. Drawn up for the men in suits.

• Like 1