weatherwiz

Mother`s Day will feature seasonably mild and dry weather
before a period of soaking rain arrive tonight into early
Monday morning. Rain tapers off on Monday. There could be a few
isolated showers on Tuesday, but much of the upcoming week will
be dry with slightly below normal temperatures. Next potential
shot for more widespread rain is late in the week into next
weekend.

Wood Chopper's delight after we get past Monday. Nice start to today...

sun.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, powderfreak said:

We’ve always had black labs.  Growing up my family would raise them for Guiding Eyes for the Blind down near NYC.  Foster home a puppy for 18 months, train it basic stuff and then give it back for the real training.  As a kid though giving away dogs after 18 months with a puppy was damn hard, always thought my parents were cruel but they saw it as community service.

We had a couple dogs go on to work as guide dogs and another became an ATF bomb dog. If the dog would fail the guide dog personality test, they’d offer them to other gov’t agencies. It was pretty impressive to see the puppy that couldn’t figure out where to piss go on to learn how to navigate things like rotating doors for their human and guide them through NYC streets.

Our next one though, my wife wants a rescue and I support that.  Just partial to knowing what you get with a lab.

This is an awesome story.  It is extremely hard to foster then give them up. We have had now 68 dogs we have fostered some for as little as a week and some as long as a year.  However the joy of knowing they are going to great loving homes is pretty cool. Both our foster pups have been adopted. I fell in love with this guy, you can just tell the temperment even at a very young age. He will be a great pet going to a family in NY. They were at my house yesterday, the connection was instant. Often times the dogs sense they are safe immediately.  Cool stuff

20210508_060721.jpg

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Clear and 60’s in HFD. Glad we CT today 

HFD showing upper 50s at 10:30... Though that airport is only at 16 feet elevation, probably chilly air pooling at the bottom.

Your warm season stuff is pretty funny, every day is beautiful and warm where you are.  Summer is a mentality, right?

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

HFD showing upper 50s at 10:30... Though that airport is only at 16 feet elevation, probably chilly air pooling at the bottom.

Your warm season stuff is pretty funny, every day is beautiful and warm where you are.  Summer is a mentality, right?

What? The high will be in the 60’s this afternoon 

7 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

This is an awesome story.  It is extremely hard to foster then give them up. We have had now 68 dogs we have fostered some for as little as a week and some as long as a year.  However the joy of knowing they are going to great loving homes is pretty cool. Both our foster pups have been adopted. I fell in love with this guy, you can just tell the temperment even at a very young age. He will be a great pet going to a family in NY. They were at my house yesterday, the connection was instant. Often times the dogs sense they are safe immediately.  Cool stuff

20210508_060721.jpg

Ginxy, you're a Mensch

8 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

20210508_060721.jpg

Good afternoon Ginx. This photo reminds me of an illustration from “The Giving Tree”. It’s quite a testament to you and your family. As always ...

• Like 1