Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2021 Discussion

weatherwiz

2 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

Love your dog, my next dog is going to be a black lab, had two yellow labs and wife wanted to go in a different direction, now she wants a lab, lol. Love the dog I have, rescue dog, but she's a handful, labs are so easy.

We’ve always had black labs.  Growing up my family would raise them for Guiding Eyes for the Blind down near NYC.  Foster home a puppy for 18 months, train it basic stuff and then give it back for the real training.  As a kid though giving away dogs after 18 months with a puppy was damn hard, always thought my parents were cruel but they saw it as community service.

We had a couple dogs go on to work as guide dogs and another became an ATF bomb dog. If the dog would fail the guide dog personality test, they’d offer them to other gov’t agencies. It was pretty impressive to see the puppy that couldn’t figure out where to piss go on to learn how to navigate things like rotating doors for their human and guide them through NYC streets.

Our next one though, my wife wants a rescue and I support that.  Just partial to knowing what you get with a lab.

• Like 3

Mostly virga?  Had a few brief light showers hiking today but didn’t see anything frozen.

A buddy reported a mix of sleet, snow and graupel at the top of Killington earlier.  I figure wet-bulb and evaporational processes with these showers must be strong.

43FA8AA4-2735-4300-9EB3-8716A98E9D27.gif.ae80d9e9d3ecb5c4e900a8034269035c.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Mostly virga?  Had a few brief light showers hiking today but didn’t see anything frozen.

A buddy reported a mix of sleet, snow and graupel at the top of Killington earlier.  I figure wet-bulb and evaporational processes with these showers must be strong.

Find all the CT stations that had measurable 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Find all the CT stations that had measurable 

All I was saying is the synoptics sound exactly what’s happening around parts of the interior.  Maybe not CT, haven’t looked, don’t care that much, but graupel, mixed precip in areas, even some snow coding on p-type in Dacks, chilly brief rain in others.

I had no horse in whatever race you are running, ha.  Just sounded like what happened in some areas of the Northeast.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

A couple pop-up showers, cool weather cloudy day. We tried to tell him.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

All I was saying is the synoptics sound exactly what’s happening around parts of the interior.  Maybe not CT, haven’t looked, don’t care that much, but graupel, mixed precip in areas, even some snow coding on p-type in Dacks, chilly brief rain in others.

I had no horse in whatever race you are running, ha.  Just sounded like what happened in some areas of the Northeast.

Exactly, someone has their power walking panties in a bunch. Day drinking for the loss.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

We’ve always had black labs.  Growing up my family would raise them for Guiding Eyes for the Blind down near NYC.  Foster home a puppy for 18 months, train it basic stuff and then give it back for the real training.  As a kid though giving away dogs after 18 months with a puppy was damn hard, always thought my parents were cruel but they saw it as community service.

We had a couple dogs go on to work as guide dogs and another became an ATF bomb dog. If the dog would fail the guide dog personality test, they’d offer them to other gov’t agencies. It was pretty impressive to see the puppy that couldn’t figure out where to piss go on to learn how to navigate things like rotating doors for their human and guide them through NYC streets.

Our next one though, my wife wants a rescue and I support that.  Just partial to knowing what you get with a lab.

We'll get a rescue too, the one I have is a rescue from Arkansas and may have saved our ass one night so hope shes around for a long time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Sounds about right what Coastal wrote?  Popcorn cold pool showers around in some areas.  Sharp evaporational cooling.

the true pop up cold pool showers were SW of us in PA and NJ just like models showed.  Most of CT was stratus clouds and mid 50's but dry today.