Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2021 Discussion

weatherwiz

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There was supposed to be a coastal tonight and tomorrow . How’d that work out? Sell any coastal storms . Few AM showers possible next Saturday then clearing and that’s when the warming trend commences next Sunday and beyond.  Sort of a glorified warm front as flow goes west to east across nation 

?

Capture.JPG

Just now, DavisStraight said:

We went down on Friday and there were some wicked Tstorms, you would have loved it, game got rained out.

I was always disappointed we didn't get severe weather at any of the conferences...although I think there was one year something happened...we were at least in a risk but I think everything went around us.

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I was always disappointed we didn't get severe weather at any of the conferences...although I think there was one year something happened...we were at least in a risk but I think everything went around us.

The only tornado I ever saw was in Baltimore... 2015 or so?  Right near Fort McHenry

Edit... looks like 2013

8 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The only tornado I ever saw was in Baltimore... 2015 or so?  Right near Fort McHenry

Edit... looks like 2013

That might have been the same year (2013) there was that early morning tornado in NE MA on a Sunday and another round of severe weather in the afternoon...it was the day coming back from a conference. 

• Like 1

I'm sure at some point today radar will expose a west moving sinuous  s- breeze boundary showing up to end the party like cold cops that always felt sort of awkward and left out in high school and thus sought careers that automatically appointed them alpha status ... Seeing as they couldn't get to that social status by their own accord/peer recognition during those formulative years of their budding narcissism ...  

...but for now, we rage and rave and soak in the splendor of why I never became an on-camera Meteorologist. 

Trying to imagine how dumb and embarrassing that would have looked up on telestrator. Day 1 with a partly to mostly cloudy, 52, in a raw east wind over eastern New England coastal zones ...  would shine on really asinine.   That's pretty squarely and honestly what I thought we'd be looking at ... I think the reason for my failure is that a hate and despise god ( anyway ..) but definitely at this time of year and that attitude isn't providing the best lens - lol... just maybe.

I was way the fu off on today's sky.  Shit... I looked at the models ...they had 70% RH at 700, 500 .. 300 etc sigma levels. That is typically indicating at least banded/shredded alto stratus and fractal spooge.. Not such deeply azure blue, so mysteriously deep and clear, as to haunt the interstellar medium lurks on the other side of its prism purity.  60 already right down into Boston. No wind... 

But the gradient being so week ...it probably does get interrupted by a cold whack back boundary propagating to slosh up against Worcesters els.

This is the 5th or 6th day this has happened this spring ... recently over the last three weeks, where the day ended up gem-like despite my own interpretation of guidance.

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm sure at some point today radar will expose a west moving sinuous  s- breeze boundary showing up to end the party like cold cops that always felt sort of awkward and left out in high school and thus sought careers that automatically appointed them alpha status ... Seeing as they couldn't get to that social status by their own accord/peer recognition during those formulative years of their budding narcissism ...  

...but for now, we rage and rave and soak in the splendor of why I never became an on-camera Meteorologist. 

Trying to imagine how dumb and embarrassing that would looked up on telestrator. Day 1 with a partly to mostly cloudy, 52, in a raw east wind over eastern New England coastal zones ...  would have looked really asinine up on the telestrator.   That's pretty squarely and honestly what I thought we'd be looking at ... I think the reason for my failure is that a hate and despise god ( anyway ..) but definitely at this time of year and that attitude isn't providing the best lens - lol... maybe.

I was way the fu off on today's sky.  Shit... I looked at the models ...they had 70% RH at 700, 500 .. 300 etc sigma levels. That is typically indicating at least banded/shredded alto stratus and fractal spooge.. Not so deeply azure blue so mysteriously deep and clear ... as to haunt the interstellar medium lurks on the other side of its prism purity.  60 already right down into Boston. No wind... 

But the gradient being so week ...it probably does get interrupted by a cold whack back boundary propagating to slosh up against Worcesters els.

This is the 5th or 6th day this has happened this spring ... recently over the last three weeks, where the day ended up gem-like despite my own interpretation of guidance.

I have been having this same exact problem too. 

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Trying to imagine how dumb and embarrassing that would looked up on telestrator. Day 1 with a partly to mostly cloudy, 52, in a raw east wind over eastern New England coastal zones ...  would shine on really asinine.   That's pretty squarely and honestly what I thought we'd be looking at ... I think the reason for my failure is that a hate and despise god ( anyway ..) but definitely at this time of year and that attitude isn't providing the best lens - lol... just maybe.

I was way the fu off on today's sky.  Shit... I looked at the models ...they had 70% RH at 700, 500 .. 300 etc sigma levels. That is typically indicating at least banded/shredded alto stratus and fractal spooge.. Not such deeply azure blue, so mysteriously deep and clear, as to haunt the interstellar medium lurks on the other side of its prism purity.  60 already right down into Boston. No wind... 

Any beer involved?

25 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Any beer involved?

Lol, at this hour ?   ...  shrooms - c'mon, get with it.   

Nah truth be told I haven't had beer in 6 years.  In fact, nada on everything.  Wait - I had ...maybe a half ounce sip of champagne at a 50th b-party about two years ago...otherwise, zip consumption.

No ... I'm not mandated by AA, or medical etc. I just felt back then like my life was devoid of particularly meaningful pursuits ...and failing to realize those while nightly love-making with wine and liquor ... mmm - not a relationship one should defer to unless they really do want to be mandated by AA or medical.  I mean I was starting to feel it, anyway. I sort of realized that I might be at a fork in the proverbial choice-roads of life there at the time.  I was either going to commit to end of life by 60 ...or, maybe fight to the bitter end -  because it doesn't matter whether one succeeds or wins; it only matters that they were the best person they could have been ... that sort of schmaltz... it does sort of mean more to people as they get older.   

I dunno the short is I don't drink.  I don't miss it. It's been so long now, in fact, that even a night of junk food gives me sensations like I musta drank and smoked a cigar the night before. I've gotten hang-over-like symptoms off chili dogs and a coke.  You don't realize how adaptive your body is to toxins until you ween off of them for a substantially long amount of purification - and it may take years to really recoup that last 20% ? Once there, you can see what you've left behind and your body tells you.  I mean... you stop drinking for 30 days ... you feel better. Your belly may shrink a tad.  BP comes down a little.  Cholesterol improves... But, that's all at the 60th or 70th percentile recovery of core.  To get that 95% innocence back ...you kind of need 5 years of organic sleep and diet with zero exposure to anything a Capuchin Monkey wouldn't normally engages with.   Basically ... a life-style change so pure and deep and comprehensive that you create a gestalt that favors a new universe of reality..  

Very few people get there - I'm still trying ... and crying. 

• Like 1