• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2021 Discussion

weatherwiz

Beautiful day out there today but man those may flies are brutal right now. A little wind would've been nice to keep a few of those buggers at bay! Guess I shouldn't be surprised given the time of year but I'll take even the dreaded mosquitoes over swarms of black imps swirling around every open orifice..but yeah, spring time in new england, gotta love it for all its perks and cons heh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snowedin said:

Beautiful day out there today but man those may flies are brutal right now. A little wind would've been nice to keep a few of those buggers at bay! Guess I shouldn't be surprised given the time of year but I'll take even the dreaded mosquitoes over swarms of black imps swirling around every open orifice..but yeah, spring time in new england, gotta love it for all its perks and cons heh

Mayflies? They are harmless

5ccc5d5507256.image.jpg

• Thanks 1

We take...

High pressure will maintain dry and seasonable weather today as
it becomes centered over the Gulf of Maine. A few showers are
possible Saturday, but most of the day should be dry, as a
coastal low passes offshore and another weak low pressure moves
into the Great Lakes. Brief period of fair weather on Sunday
under high pressure and southerly winds. A warm front brings
strong chances for rains Monday, before trending drier for rest
of the upcoming workweek. Temperatures for the weekend into much
of next week are seasonable to slightly below normal.

10 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why not get it done ? Cross it off the never ending chore list? It hangs over your head, and you dread doing it.. positioning them , taping etc to ensure no bugs or pollen or doggie door smells from the yard get in.. cleaning them with Lysol wipes etc to make sure you’re not breathing in black mold which can get inside them. You don’t just lift the sash, set them in and screw and done . If anyone is doing that .. congrats on Appalachia 

Shoveling the snow is a chore as well.  But I wait for it to fall before I start the snowblower.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why not get it done ? Cross it off the never ending chore list? It hangs over your head, and you dread doing it.. positioning them , taping etc to ensure no bugs or pollen or doggie door smells from the yard get in.. cleaning them with Lysol wipes etc to make sure you’re not breathing in black mold which can get inside them. You don’t just lift the sash, set them in and screw and done . If anyone is doing that .. congrats on Appalachia 

Kev still stuck with 1996 bulky non fitting window units. 2021 pop in and go units.

• Like 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

There was supposed to be a coastal tonight and tomorrow . How’d that work out? Sell any coastal storms . Few AM showers possible next Saturday then clearing and that’s when the warming trend commences. Sort of a glorified warm front as flow goes west to east across nation 

LOL right. So instead you struggle for low 50s and aftn shwrs tomorrow. A hell of an improvement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What? When? We had a couple fronts with embedded waves and then a sunny warm day yesterday, . Point being.. there’s not going to be a nor’easter affecting us next weekend, . Congrats Stellwagen bank 

We had rain just about every day so far except yesterday. :lol:  

• Thanks 1