Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2021 Discussion

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I always ate dinner at like 7 or 8. I have horrific GERD though, and have been eating earlier for a while, which helps.

I had it bad too and totally eliminated it with a diet change and eating whole, real foods. You really have to go super clean for a good week or two to see the changes and then reintroduce foods slowly back in to see if they're a trigger. Acidic foods didn't bother me...it was moreso refined oils, transfats, refined sugar, artificial garbage, etc. Although bananas are a weird "healthy" trigger for me. 15 mins after eating one it's heartburn city...even after no reflux for months.

33 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I had it bad too and totally eliminated it with a diet change and eating whole, real foods. You really have to go super clean for a good week or two to see the changes and then reintroduce foods slowly back in to see if they're a trigger. Acidic foods didn't bother me...it was moreso refined oils, transfats, refined sugar, artificial garbage, etc. Although bananas are a weird "healthy" trigger for me. 15 mins after eating one it's heartburn city...even after no reflux for months.

It’s pretty much anything I eat I’ve found. Doesn’t matter what it is, it sucks.

I was on protonix for a while, which really helped. Insurance now doesn’t cover prescription grade reflux meds, so if I continued on it, we’re talking retail price, which is outrageous.

My doctor had me for every other day, and it still worked, but eventually I just stopped because he said it would be best to just get off of it and the price was high.

I got a second opinion on the potential negatives of using that particular med long term, as that seems to be part of the reason it’s not longer covered, and I was basically told any negatives are pretty much voodoo. Nothing that can be definitively linked to long term use.

Adding to these last pages (which are crucial for the discussion thread, lol), I am going to side with Kevin on this one.  I get up between 4:15 and 4:30.  I'm usually in bed around 9:00--though recently it's been closer to 9:30.

We eat between 5-6 (closer to 6 now that my wife is back to her office).  Especially in the summer, that allows for after dinner outdoor time for a walk, drop fertilizer, etc.  My8  siblings......gosh they eat at like 7:30 or 8:30.  Really bizarre.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It’s pretty much anything I eat I’ve found. Doesn’t matter what it is, it sucks.

I was on protonix for a while, which really helped. Insurance now doesn’t cover prescription grade reflux meds, so if I continued on it, we’re talking retail price, which is outrageous.

My doctor had me for every other day, and it still worked, but eventually I just stopped because he said it would be best to just get off of it and the price was high.

I got a second opinion on the potential negatives of using that particular med long term, as that seems to be part of the reason it’s not longer covered, and I was basically told any negatives are pretty much voodoo. Nothing that can be definitively linked to long term use.

I was on Protonix as well. Now 1  20 mg famotodine, try it.

On 5/1/2021 at 7:24 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah this sounds decent despite Kooky Kenny posts 70+ where most folks LIVE thru Thursday 

Confidence higher in the temperatures across southern New England on
Monday with the EPS and other guidance sources interquartile range
around 5-7 degrees. Should see temperatures topping out in the low
60s across NE MA, Cape Cod and the Islands to the mid 70s in the CT
River Valley. Lots more spread on Tuesday/Wednesday with the
interquartile range getting to 10-20 degrees between the 25th and
75h percentile. Do have a bit more confidence on Tuesday across CT
of temps in the low to mid 70s. Leaned on the NBM guidance due to
the uncertainty at this point in time. Readings on Wednesday also
fairly spread given uncertainty with the frontal passage. Readings
range from the low 60s to low 70s. This is all despite the mild 925
hPa air in the 9 to 15+ degree Celsius range as low level easterly
flow will keep those temperatures down.

Did add a mention of thunderstorms later on Tuesday into early
Wednesday as there is a surge of warmer air advecting in and the
front appears to jog a bit further northward. Models showing a few
hundred J/kg of MUCAPE across western MA into CT, which is possible
given models showing some sky clearing in the low to mid levels

Are you still on board for mid-70s through Thursday?

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Shittiest b'day wx in awhile. I remember when the GFS had 90F for today. :cry:

Not for nothing but you asked for it.

" Looks toasty tomorrow. I’ll take a shit week if I can get 65-70 on Sunday "

Happy birthday...

• Thanks 1