Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2021 Discussion

weatherwiz

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You chop wood for a living . You are in a different segment. And you’re up early with me.. so I know you’re in bed early . You stop posting by 9:00

I am up at 430 every day since I was 40 rarely in bed before 10 or 11. Everyone is different, you have trouble with that basic concept it seems.

Lol what is this fantasy world you live in that everyone works 8–4 or 9-5 and is sitting at the dinner table by 6? Good for you if you can do that, but that’s out of touch with reality in particular my generation (young 30s)

On another note, that’s one textbook supercell in TX. 

ACE03331-EB50-4234-B5B3-738ABEDED684.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I am up at 430 every day since I was 40 rarely in bed before 10 or 11. Everyone is different, you have trouble with that basic concept it seems.

10:00 to 5:00 is my sweet spot. People don't appreciate howling chainsaws at 4 a.m.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

My neighbor who own a landscaping company is either power washing his equipment or leaf blowing/ mowing at 7 on Sundays.  Some people... 

That’s part of life. It’s his property .. he likes to start his days early . No different than the guy that needs to be at work by 5:30.. snow blows at 4:30. That’s life 

6 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Have you ever left tolland? Most countries folks don’t start dinner till 8

If folks are eating dinner 8-10 at night.. no wonder our nation is facing such an obesity problem . I don’t think most are , but that certainly contributes if that’s what’s happening. 500+ calorie dinners after 8:00.. then bed and no exercise to burn it off. Not a good thing 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 3

50 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

With two small kids.. you guys are eating dinner at 6:00. Especially both WFH now. No reason you shouldn’t be in bed 9:00 .. 10 latest. Grab a solid 7-8 hours a night . Why would anyone ever want to stay up all night when the world we live in happens in daylight . Unless you’re Ineedsnow and hate sun and warmth and choose to work 3rd shift. 

I go to bed at midnight and get up at 7:00 am. Solid 7 hours. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s part of life. It’s his property .. he likes to start his days early . No different than the guy that needs to be at work by 5:30.. snow blows at 4:30. That’s life 

How many Sundays have people snowblowing at 7 am. I understand if people have to work. Maybe it's just me but I try to be a courteous neighbor. 

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

How many Sundays have people snowblowing at 7 am. I understand if people have to work. Maybe it's just me but I try to be a courteous neighbor. 

Same, no one's ever complained but if I'm there early I'll usually drive a half a mile or so into the woods before I start cutting.

Sitting down as a family to eat dinner every day around 5:30-6:00 PM is really important to us.

I saw some stat recently that the majority of families don't even eat together anymore. Everyone just grabs whatever out of the fridge and runs to their corner of the house, I guess.

I find that rather sad, but I supposed every family dynamic is different. 

We do let our kids stay up later than most, 10 - 10:30 is normal.

I know some parents who have their kids, even older kids, in bed by 7 PM when the sun is still up and kids are still playing outside. Those kids then of course wake up at 5 AM... that's kinda weird IMO but I guess it works for them. Maybe that's the schedule for modern latchkey kids whose parents need to drop them off at school by 7 AM.

55 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If folks are eating dinner 8-10 at night.. no wonder our nation is facing such an obesity problem . I don’t think most are , but that certainly contributes if that’s what’s happening. 500+ calorie dinners after 8:00.. then bed and no exercise to burn it off. Not a good thing 

If you’re eating at 9 and bed at 10 I’d agree.   But most have a solid 4+ hours after the last bite.  In fact, my dinners tend to be late and small so I can exercise with a walk at some point just before midnight.   Then my wife and I hang out for a few hours and we bed sometime after 2 most nights.    Sleep deprivation is a known driver of obesity so doing dinner too late and not getting enough sleep is bad for multiple reasons.  But we all choose our schedule that works best for each of us.   Spaniards have dinner very late and are a lot thinner vs Americans.

I must have a stomach like a billygoat 

I just had about quart of marinara sauce bathing a sauté of kalamata olives, onions, jalapeños ... garlic and mushrooms and green onions and shrimp.  Obscene Italian spice in tablespoons ...Talk about acid ... polish the chrome right off a trailer hitch 

nothing. 

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Sitting down as a family to eat dinner every day around 5:30-6:00 PM is really important to us.

I saw some stat recently that the majority of families don't even eat together anymore. Everyone just grabs whatever out of the fridge and runs to their corner of the house, I guess.

I find that rather sad, but I supposed every family dynamic is different. 

We do let our kids stay up later than most, 10 - 10:30 is normal.

I know some parents who have their kids, even older kids, in bed by 7 PM when the sun is still up and kids are still playing outside. Those kids then of course wake up at 5 AM... that's kinda weird IMO but I guess it works for them. Maybe that's the schedule for modern latchkey kids whose parents need to drop them off at school by 7 AM.

Mr and Mrs DIT probably

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

If you’re eating at 9 and bed at 10 I’d agree.   But most have a solid 4+ hours after the last bite.  In fact, my dinners tend to be late and small so I can exercise with a walk at some point just before midnight.   Then my wife and I hang out for a few hours and we bed sometime after 2 most nights.    Sleep deprivation is a known driver of obesity so doing dinner too late and not getting enough sleep is bad for multiple reasons.  But we all choose our schedule that works best for each of us.   Spaniards have dinner very late and are a lot thinner vs Americans.

He's talking about the American style of eating a huge fried dinner along with sitting down on the couch immediately after eating and then falling asleep. That is a really bad combo if you are eating dinner at 8:30 PM. 

It works for Spaniards because they eat a small, healthy dinner with a glass of red wine then take a stroll in the cool evening air before turning in late.

Totally different scenarios.

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

He's talking about the American style of eating a huge fried dinner along with sitting down on the couch immediately after eating and then falling asleep. That is a really bad combo if you are eating dinner at 8:30 PM. 

It works for Spaniards because they eat a small, healthy dinner with a glass of red wine then take a stroll in the cool evening air before turning in late.

Totally different scenarios.

Exactly!   I prefer a relatively small plant based dinner.   Then a glass of wine if I’m inclined and a nice walk late night.

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

True.  But who eats at 5:30?   Even when I worked full time I didn’t have dinner before 7:30-8.   

5:30 this time of year is like the middle of the day.  Can work a full day, go home get the dog and then start 2+ hour hikes at 5:30pm when it's light until past 8pm.

27 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

These same people also always have to leave the family parties at 6:15 PM to get the kids home to put them to bed. I actually know people like this. They are usually pretty tweaked and neurotic types and their kids are weird.

Poor kids when Dad is militant about being home, lights out and at rest early, ha.  It's funny, as an adult you do remember those parties/gatherings as a kid and you still remember who left earliest each time. 

I'm probably on the other end of the spectrum, it would do me better to skew my day a little earlier... but the late daylight this time of year is one of my favorite things.  I love that long, low glow in the evening that seems to last forever this time of year.  Warmest time of the day too, especially up north where outdoor recreation temperatures are most ideal in the evening.  It keeps me too energized into the evening, though I can usually fall asleep by midnight.