SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2021 Discussion

weatherwiz

3 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Hope we get a huge storm

People want snow and that's their bag ... it's all good -

I just want precipitation to fall in copious surpluses ... We need the water - that's just intellectually responsible pragmatism.  I hope a Nor'easter drops the liq equiv or 4" pan dimensional in scope and scale, sending the usual problem streams and mid size rivers across Little League ball parks.   just so the minoring flood event is in situ while the U.S. drought monitoring has moderately severe drought... ha.   Anyway, we'll need the water JJA ... unless we get into one of these unusual summers of cool pool/trough convection like 2008

you know ... I don't necessarily trust the U.S. D.M. approach to regional climatology when/in their assessment of drought severity. This is not west Texas or California here.  We definitely have a faster correction frequency than those environs of western North America's PNAP shadowing... It is almost impossible to sustain desiccating anything here... I'm sure there have been those eras in the past .. maybe even the like of which could rival, but .. we probably need - I dunno - something like 700 years before we return some scenario where the Quabin Res drops to church steeple exposure and the coffins bobbing ...

• Like 1

Sneaking in an unpolished gem day going here...

Must admit, a bit personally surprised.  I figured today might be dry but zippo sun.  We have actual sunshine in between day -glow skies and the temps over 70 ...

I was talking to Kevin - I think it was - the other day that it would be interesting to test the NBM MOS ...which was putting out 65 to 70 F across KFIT/KBED/KASH/KBDL .. Even it seems to have busted slightly cool.  

All the while, the NAM actually looked like a better fit.  I mean ...considering our sore-butt climate in early to mid spring, we are N of the warm boundary with an ESE drift on May 3 ... that's usually 53 F shit sky and tolerable chilly.

37 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Sneaking in an unpolished gem day going here...

Must admit, a bit personally surprised.  I figured today might be dry but zippo sun.  We have actual sunshine in between day -glow skies and the temps over 70 ...

I was talking to Kevin - I think it was - the other day that it would be interesting to test the NBM MOS ...which was putting out 65 to 70 F across KFIT/KBED/KASH/KBDL .. Even it seems to have busted slightly cool.  

All the while, the NAM actually looked like a better fit.  I mean ...considering our sore-butt climate in early to mid spring, we are N of the warm boundary with an ESE drift on May 3 ... that's usually 53 F shit sky and tolerable chilly.

Tomorrow may be ugly 

That was funny ...

Yeah... depends on where the vagaries of wind aligned the clouds I guess...  Pike to Rt poop down this way is in the wedge of partly sunny, in a slow moving overall synoptic evolution  ... so we're probably are going to just get richer for the afternoon.  It's 71 to 74 here in town at all home stations and frankly a walk down the street and back confirms that sensibly.  Sky is pall blue with alto strata fractals dappled. Very light wind with hints of neighborhood lilacs and enough sun to add nape bake to the air - it's really hard to concentrate type stuff.  It's warmer than yesterday, too -...not only surprised me that it got this way but it's adding LOL

Guess interquartile statistical density ftw, huh 

Agreed Kevin... I don't think we are getting out of this week without some spring schmoots though. Frankly I'm okay with rain after three dry days.