• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Seasonal snow averages for Plymouth, NH?

MarkO

Good question Mark.  I live almost exactly 5 miles south of the airport.  For me at 1100 feet I have always guessed 80" or so.  Downtown Plymouth is right on the river so even the bit of elevation on the west side of town gets more than downtown.  They also are in a bit of a snow hole with downsloping from the Whites.  I'm rambling.  Maybe 70-75"???

6 minutes ago, MarkO said:

I'm actually looking for year by year. I'm hoping to use this data to support snow making at my local mountain (Campton Mountain). Which looks like it will consist of only two fan guns, lol.

It's in campton I assume lol? Neat, never heard of it! Depending on where in campton I'm sure it does a lot better than plymouth. 

2 hours ago, MarkO said:

I'm actually looking for year by year. I'm hoping to use this data to support snow making at my local mountain (Campton Mountain). Which looks like it will consist of only two fan guns, lol.

https://wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMAIN.pl?nh1099
https://wrcc.dri.edu/coopmap/ — select nh in the menu

I assume you want lower numbers to help support your case?

Campton Mountain is part of the community I live in. It's probably the only amenity that can possibly increase our revenue stream to offset costs. But without snow making, it's difficult to plan for being open, advertise, set up beer ski leagues, etc...  In the 10 years I've been here, there have been two ratters that we didn't even bother trying to open. I'd really like to have more data to support snow making. 

We bought a fan gun 2 years ago and blew our rope tow trail (about an acre) with a foot of snow. It lasted through March. Last year the full-time retirees voted down making snow citing a bunch of lame excuses. We were able to blow it once again this past winter and we were able to keep the rope tow open throughout the winter (the rest of the mountain was probably open for about 6 weekends).. I'm shooting for a 2 phased approach where we cover one entire trail (3.5 acres), and possibly a second and run both the double chairlift and the rope tow using our municipal water supply (which is conveniently located on the mountain). The next year we can consider moving the water source to a man made pond about 1000' away. I believe with a dependable product, we'll be able to plan and possibly sell season tickets, beer leagues, schedule bands, etc... We offer night skiing too, so it's an excellent place to take the kids and hang out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Always Sunny said:

I've used this exact link when referencing snowfall records but it only goes to 2007. I'm surprised PSU doesn't maintain their own official record especially since they have a met program there.

I don’t even remember anyone taking consistent obs there when we were there. I remember doing some obs with the old stevenson screen in Ins and Obs, but everyone slacked with that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DomNH said:

We never did consistent obs when I was there.

Yeah I checked their site the other day to see how much rain they got (assuming it was record setting) and couldn't find anything. It's too bad especially since these facilities have the equipment but no data logger (at least available to the public).