• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 minute ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Looks like the bullseye was confined to 2 areas...just east-NE of Buffalo metro (airport to Clarence m) and western Niagara Co. 

My call for highest accums at IAG looks good. I guessed 3.7” for BUF too. Gonna bust high for ROC and Wolfie it seems though as they unfortunately got skunked. 

4 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

My call for highest accums at IAG looks good. I guessed 3.7” for BUF too. Gonna bust high for ROC and Wolfie it seems though as they unfortunately got skunked. 

Well the event kinda just started here lol But yeah it's going to be hard to accumulate during the day..

8 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Heaviest rates about to move overhead, NF reporting moderate snow same in North Tonawanda 

5 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Well the event kinda just started here lol But yeah it's going to be hard to accumulate during the day..

This is where I read yesterday that once the pack was on the ground it won’t have any issues accumulating on the snow, but roadways, sidewalks, etc. would have difficulty. This gives me hope we hit 5”

• Like 1

Snow winding down in Derby on the cam. 5.2” on the deck. Backend over achieved. Didn’t think we would accumulate that well once sun was up but with over 3 1/2 inches already on the ground and some moderate to heavy snowfall rates for a while we added an inch and a half after sun up. Think of what we could have had if we didn’t have that several hour lull during the overnight hours when all the precip was NW of the BUF metro. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Snow winding down in Derby on the cam. 5.2” on the deck. Backend over achieved. Didn’t think we would accumulate that well once sun was up but with over 3 1/2 inches already on the ground and some moderate to heavy snowfall rates for a while we added an inch and a half after sun up. Think of what we could have had if we didn’t have that several hour lull during the overnight hours when all the precip was NW of the BUF metro. 

This was a well modeled system. Not much deviation in track over the last 3 days or so...funny thing is it only took until 1 month into spring to get it right...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

11cm or just a bit over 4". I live in Caledonia about 15km south of downtown Hamilton and have elevation to help. A meteorologist from Ancaster about 10km from me reported the same amount so safe to say most of Hamilton Mountain saw around 4" 

That’s impressive. It’s a special event.

• Like 1