• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Few Tstms with hail-gust 40-45KT 1P-6P especially NJ/se NYS/w LI

wdrag

SPC continues Marginal risk se NYS-NJ.  00z-06z/20 HRRR/NAM/EC have decent development Wednesday afternoon.  TT near 53 flag attention for hail and gust transfer looks like 40-45KT. Follow NWS local offices/SPC/and our own members assessments.  

Have added the SPC discussion plus the EC (just below SPC)/GFS (below EC) fcst sounding for 18z/21 n central NJ as an idea of what seems to be coming via convection for NJ.  CAPE is marginal and KI OK.  Activity while still fairly strong crossing LI/CT will ingest cooler southerly inflow from the ocean to limit potential hailers/wind gusts? Even so, the wind shift with significant cold air advection during the evening may induce isolated gusts 40 kt on the island? 

Have a look. This thread should also serve well for any significant reports of whatever convection occurs Wednesday afternoon. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 5.51.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 5.44.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 5.45.49 AM.png

• Like 3

Pretty reasonable parameters will be in place for at least some reports of severe tomorrow but probably nothing too widespread. Temps crash then thereafter too....those of us who are inland might see our last flakes (for sure this time) for at least the next six months with permanent warmth looking like its only a week out at this point.

Thanks for keeping up w this...  have had big sprinkles here in Wantage at 815A.  Cold influx is soo fast, while it's hailing near NYC at 3P (if it's hailing), it could be snowing in parts of the Poconos including KMPO. HRRR gusts are starting to nudge slightly higher in isolated cells (I think 40KT+, especially NYS-CT).  Off to work for me. Have a day. 

55 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Crapvection might ruin our chances.  Pouring at work in Massapequa.  

This always happens in the mornings where we're supposed to get big storms. We get these crappy little rainstorms in the morning and that destroys our chances for big action later in the day.

Just now, NycStormChaser said:

I think this was always a threat for NYC / NE NJ into the Hudson Valley. Long Island was never really in the game. 

yep with south winds off the still cold ocean/sound, anyone east of the Hudson will have trouble maintaining strength....

I see on radar some convection is starting to fire in eastern PA. The models aren't as impressed with rain amounts as they were the last couple days, but I'm hoping for a nice downpour for the vegetable garden this afternoon. It has really dried out the last week. If not this afternoon then obviously we'll have to wait for the soaking rain saturday night into sunday, but radar in eastern PA is starting to look promising for the possibility of a storm early this afternoon.